Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 12:51 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times

Advertisements

Flip side: I have had relationships with men who could tie me into a pretzel and break every bone in my body, but the thought of laying a hand on me with violence never even crossed their mind. Every one of them was always very careful about their strength around me. Just as I was always careful to never hurt them, not physically, not emotionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 12:54 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I don't see the point and I personally do not know anyone over the age of 10 who "wrestles" with their boyfriend/girlfriend.

Oh so fail

Old 03-28-2014, 12:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
She's not my girlfriend, but I know a woman who used to get beat up a lot until she learned how to fight. She had to fight a group of people at a time. She is pretty tiny, and very sweet to the point that you wouldn't guess that she could hold her own. However, that was a long time ago.

Me on the other hand, I have been training. (more evasive). I do not know how well I could hold my own, but I do imagine that when it comes down to it, I am going to give it my all. I may have my a$$ handed to me, but as long as I hurt the other man as well.

My best chance is my speed and my wits. I'm not very strong. However, I do know where to hit people in order to shut them down if they start getting crazy.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
An ex girlfriend of mine once attacked me with a kitchen knife. I didn't fight back any more than I needed to. I restrained and disarmed her, but did as little as possible to de-escalate the situation and avoid having to cause harm. This was not an isolated incident. She assaulted me numerous times. I think she thought she could kick my a$$. She was probably also trying to bait me into doing something that would land me in legal trouble. Geez I have no idea why I stayed with this person for as long as I did.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:03 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,457 times
Most any woman could beat me up because I doubt I could ever hit a woman and I'm usually the slowest person in the crowd, so running isn't much of an option either. Plus, and this is a biggy, I always feel like my wife is more committed to the rage that dances on the edge of every argument we've ever had and could embrace it much faster than I ever could. She hasn't over the nearly thirty years we've been together, but I can sort of sense it's there. That and she has a strong throwing arm with pretty good accuracy.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM

31,022 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
An ex girlfriend of mine once attacked me with a kitchen knife. I didn't fight back any more than I needed to. I restrained and disarmed her, but did as little as possible to de-escalate the situation and avoid having to cause harm. This was not an isolated incident. She assaulted me numerous times. I think she thought she could kick my a$$. She was probably also trying to bait me into doing something that would land me in legal trouble. Geez I have no idea why I stayed with this person for as long as I did.
Dude, your a marine. If she did kick your ass you would have to give up your man card. Unless she stabbed you while you slept.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
I dunno, I'm pretty strong.I helped lift a hot water heater up my basement. And kicked my brother's friend's butt.lol

Old 03-28-2014, 03:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dude, your a marine. If she did kick your ass you would have to give up your man card. Unless she stabbed you while you slept.
No kidding, right? FWIW, she was a Marine too. I should have known better to "date within the family."

Also, in the thread linked by JustJulia, this same exact question was posed. In that thread I talked about some of the hand to hand training I've done and how the females are required to do the same training. A lot of them are very impressive.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:09 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
With the advent of the gun, it's very rare anybody engages in physical contact these days.

That's the world we live in today.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:18 PM

31,022 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
No kidding, right? FWIW, she was a Marine too. I should have known better to "date within the family."

Also, in the thread linked by JustJulia, this same exact question was posed. In that thread I talked about some of the hand to hand training I've done and how the females are required to do the same training. A lot of them are very impressive.
Touche' :-).

A good example of average male vs female with training being the difference occured back in my martial arts days. Our instructors would do a blindfold combat situation. The student would be blindfolded, and the instructors would use long poles and prod the student. One of our first year students was in the blindfold position, with the female black belt instructor being the antagonist. . The Student went nuts, After being prodded multiple times, tore off his blind fold, quickly disarmed the instructor and threw her to the ground, before gathering his composure. She tried a few moves on him when he closed in but he just over powered her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships