Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree
I agree 11 26.19%
I disagree 23 54.76%
I'm on the fence, not sure 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 PM

318 posts, read 638,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I don't know how it is where you're from, but here even some of the really fine-looking women don't get approached. It's not so simple. Women do have to try. Men have to try. It takes 2 to tango.
B.S, women do get approached. In the dating scene the vast majority of the hunting is done on the man's part and not the women.

The vast majority women do not randomly approach male strangers and tell them they think they are handsome and want their number. The vast majority of women are not that bold.

Most men will NEVER get a girlfriend in life if they sit around doing nothing and wait for women to approach them first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
B.S, women do get approached. In the dating scene the vast majority of the hunting is done on the man's part and not the women.

The vast majority women do not randomly approach male strangers and tell them they think they are handsome and want their number. The vast majority of women are not that bold.
In your experience. Mine differs as I find most gals do random approach male strangers they find hot telling him how hot/handsome he is and giving him her number and asking for his in return (some even whip out their phone to call him or send him a pic text of her face so he'll remember when she calls later).

Perhaps it's more of the vast majority of gals do not do this to most guys as I find most guys are average not hot/handsome.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
In your experience. Mine differs as I find most gals do random approach male strangers they find hot telling him how hot/handsome he is and giving him her number and asking for his in return (some even whip out their phone to call him or send him a pic text of her face so he'll remember when she calls later).

Perhaps it's more of the vast majority of gals do not do this to most guys as I find most guys are average not hot/handsome.
I have good looking male friends who never been approached by any women. The only reason they get girlfriends is because they did the approaching first.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:40 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Well, women, if they are playing by the traditional roles, have to at least attract. If they can't attract they are "unsuccessful." Some women are afraid to fail at attracting so they deny the responsibility entirely and just say men don't know how to approach. Indeed, some men don't. But some men are not approaching because some women don't know how to attract.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:44 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Some good-looking guys get approached by women all the time. Women who like shy guys also do the approaching. Some women here go years without being approached. I know women in Russia who don't get approached! The situation is not at all as black-and-white as you paint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev;
I have good looking male friends who never been approached by any women. The only reason they get girlfriends is because they did the approaching first.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Different experiences all the good looking guys I know have been approached by gals and most by a lot of gals.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Ok im really not trying to sound like a angry male ok, but my experience is that all my relationships have failed because the ladies in my life didn't want to do the work necessary to find middle ground or do the work it takes to solve issues or try to be partners, it was like "your the man and thats your role to do everything." or my best was never enough. But at the same time its kinda my fault because i take my relationships too seriously sometimes.

I assume this is the topic about relationships and not who gets approached more?

Old 03-30-2014, 12:01 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post

There were some survey stats posted in a previous thread; women consider about 80%-85% of guys unattractive.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
There were some survey stats posted in a previous thread; women consider about 80%-85% of guys unattractive.
The only survey I've see such statistic is OKCupid's Your Looks Your Inbox. Yet despite finding 80% of guys attractive gals still had 'healthier' message sending than guys since 2/3 of guys sent messages to 1/3 of the most attractive gals.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some good-looking guys get approached by women all the time. Women who like shy guys also do the approaching. Some women here go years without being approached. I know women in Russia who don't get approached! The situation is not at all as black-and-white as you paint it.
I have female friends who are constantly getting hit on by males out here in sunny California. Men in Russia must be emotional cyborgs if they are not hitting on women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships