Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,428,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
They invade my house and clean it. One of them scours the fridge. A few of them go out back and clean out the flowerbeds. "I want to pay for someone to thin out that oak tree," one of them says. "I also brought some Andy's key lime frozen custard for you to eat while you look at the Pottery Barn catalog and wonder who buys an $85 piece of polished driftwood." He is very handsome. Someone else brings me something alcoholic, takes the Pottery Barn catalog away, and gives me a book instead. "Stefan is mopping," that one murmurs. "Please go upstairs and lie down."

God this is getting good.
^ I'll have what she's ^ having or at least something very similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 12:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,584,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, and the big one...Restoration Hardware! Maybe that's my non-sexual fantasy. My wife comes home and says, "I'm going shopping at all these stores this weekend..." (my reaction: ) but she continues, "...But don't worry. I did some work this week and have $25k to spend."

The sad thing is you could legitimately spend $25k in short order at a store like Restoration Hardware. But some day when I'm filthy rich that's where I'm doing all my furniture shopping!
I fell in love with one of their catalog pictures of a comfortable, rustic room with white-slipcovered sofas and raw, beautiful wood everywhere. (No, not that kind of raw, beautiful wood.) We were buying couches at the time and I had the grand idea to copycat the look, thinking that I would just pop the slipcovers in the washer with a little bleach now and again and they would continue to look crisp and wonderful.

Don't ever believe this.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,944,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I fell in love with one of their catalog pictures of a comfortable, rustic room with white-slipcovered sofas and raw, beautiful wood everywhere. (No, not that kind of raw, beautiful wood.) We were buying couches at the time and I had the grand idea to copycat the look, thinking that I would just pop the slipcovers in the washer with a little bleach now and again and they would continue to look crisp and wonderful.

Don't ever believe this.
Oh, you made that mistake too? We have a slip cover sectional from Pottery Barn. This thing cost a clean $4300 and it looks awesome. But we made the mistake of getting it in bright yellow. The color is great, but it shows every little blemish, so the slip covers need to be washed. Often. And getting those things back on after they get out of the wash is a pain. They shrunk! The couch is still a nice one, but I grumble about Pottery Barn every time I put those slip covers back on. Then I walk past their store and all my frustration is forgotten!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships