Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 05:12 PM

432 posts, read 491,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Weren't you another thread talking about how much you wouldn't date a single mom? People are entitled to their preferences.
I'm childfree... want to be that way for life. That's a relevant lifestyle choice. I wouldn't care a bit if my childfree girlfriend worked at a daycare or babysat. Two of my past girlfriends did, in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 05:16 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Which is what I do... another rarefied career. If I saw a woman whose profile said, 'I'm only looking for industrial designers", I'd next that nutjob so fast! What I do at work is a primary criteria for compatibility in your world? That's not how non-dysfunctional adults think.
Well, feel free to live your life the way you want to.

So a lot of men and women on dating site look for sex only, I couldn't go there to see if I was lucky enough to meet a Seals?

If people don't im me or email me because they think I am a nut job or weirdo, then there is nothing I can do. It is the risk I was willing to take five years ago, I was never a serious dater.

My girlfriend imed a guy on dating site because he posted, "It seems like I get along really well with Gemini girls, so if you are a Gemini, that is a bonus." She is a Gemini, and they started talking. I think that is sweet.

Not everybody thinks like you do.

Many guys won't date a single mother, my older brother married one, my other brother dated many. I guess both my brothers are losers then.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
I'm childfree... want to be that way for life. That's a relevant lifestyle choice. I wouldn't care a bit if my childfree girlfriend worked at a daycare or babysat. Two of my past girlfriends did, in fact.
You like what you like, it's not up for debate. What Lilyflower likes is not up for debate either.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Why did you write them, then?
I didn't, they contacted me.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Btw I have to agree with the military comments. I generally prefer men who are serving or did serve. My boyfriend is a veteran as was my last ex-boyfriend. I also agree with friends first. I was friends before I started dating my boyfriend. We got to know each other in a stronger way I believe.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:53 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,881 times
I hated online dating. After two horrendous dates, I canceled my membership. Too many crazy people.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:19 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your husband is awesome, period.
LOL don't make his ego any bigger Nah in all reality he doesn't think much of what he does.

And variant...YOU are weird. You're probably jealous women have a fetish for wanting to date service members. They look good in uniform, have a distinguished personality, and usually have a set career path laid out for them, which means they are driven. It's just like how some want to date cops or firemen. However I will say there are dependas (as we wives call them) that go after military members solely for their benefits. Me no like them.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
LOL don't make his ego any bigger Nah in all reality he doesn't think much of what he does.
There you go, humble Marine, that is a true Marine right there.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:30 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Guilty as charged. I am definitely a weirdo. But I am willing to bet that an overwhelming majority of the ladies on dating sites don't think like I did. Plus, I just thought if I could find myself a Seals. (like wishful thinking) Weirdos like me still appreciate all kinds of men.

I wonder if you have ever really thought this through.

I'm married to AF and he would be gone for weeks at a time, sometimes with little contact. It's nerve wracking. I just loved receiving the video where he's talking to me and the phone drops as the plane starts with "missile alert, missile alert!!" Not.

SEALs would be exponentially worse. I would age at double the rate every time he left.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-30-2014, 06:34 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
I've been doing it on and off for a decade. I really enjoy it. I've had a few nice relationships, made some good friends and come away with a few comedically bad dates that make great stories.

But I work from home on a rather demanding schedule. When I go out to a bar or something, it's generally with friends, and I want to spend time with those friends, not check out the guys. So I don't want to meet men when I'm out and about. Also, I'm a writer, so I find that I"m able to put my true personality into my profile - there are no surprises. In fact, I often get comments that I'm exactly who I put myself out to be on my profile - and it's generally meant as a compliment.

I had three dates lined up this weekend. One was with a guy who totally turned out not to be a romantic interest once we met, but we really hit it off, so we'll probably hang out again in a platonic way. I'm going out again with date #2 next weekend (it was a really great time - he's very interesting and funny), and date #3 came down with the flu. We've postponed the date for another day. But I was working most of the weekend, so those little outings really made for some nice breaks.

But I'm not really actively looking for anything specific. I'm just having fun, and if I really hit it off with someone, that's just be an added bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships