Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaRick View Post
WOW. I never thought this would generate so much discussion. Let me address a few of you're concerns:

I have looked over the terms of my lease. The way the LL handles early terminations is a little complicated, but doable for me.

I will be having a gentle, yet direct talk with her in January, after the holidays. Hopefully she feels the same way.

Yes, I have an oppurtunity to move out of Orlando in about a year. Either Chicago or New York. Or I may stay here. I won't know until April. Having a girlfirend is not in my best interest right now, but that really has nothing to do with the way I feel about her, atleast not consciously.

No, this has nothing do with another girl. In fact, I plan on taking a few months of from any kind of dating to focus on my career and myself after this is all over.

I think that covers everything.
January????????

In a way this may be a "sweet" thing to do. Don't destroy someone's holidays but if you have to be Mr. Nice & Wonderfully Conscientious, don't act like you love her either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaRick View Post
I will be having a gentle, yet direct talk with her in January, after the holidays. Hopefully she feels the same way.
Don't get her anything spectacular or expensive for Christmas as that may get her hopes up. Don;t fake the romance or being in love with her, but treat her as a good friend.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 754 times
Omg ... im 20 year old in chicago..im hot. Big boobs..nice booty..blonde. im just tired of taking care of this guy im with. Ughhh. Im stuck in a lease for about 8 more months. I feel like im in jail! I wake up sooo mad. Its because hes too clingy, controlling, obsessive, he doesnt last morr than 3 minutes, abd doesnt let me go anywhere, have any friends or even talk to the family.. I COMPLETELY understand. Im soooo reaady to gooooooo

Old 07-13-2015, 06:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeetttblondeee View Post
Omg ... im 20 year old in chicago..im hot. Big boobs..nice booty..blonde. im just tired of taking care of this guy im with. Ughhh. Im stuck in a lease for about 8 more months. I feel like im in jail! I wake up sooo mad. Its because hes too clingy, controlling, obsessive, he doesnt last morr than 3 minutes, abd doesnt let me go anywhere, have any friends or even talk to the family.. I COMPLETELY understand. Im soooo reaady to gooooooo
So, is there a reason why you revived an almost 10-yr-old thread, other than to tell us about your boobs and booty? (You didn't ask for advice.)

Your situation sounds more serious than the OP's. He sounds potentially abusive, and if you stuck around for 8 more months just because of a lease, you might find out how abusive. You should find a way to bail. How long did you know this guy before you decided to move in with him?

Old 07-13-2015, 06:35 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Any lease can be broken if you pay 3 months worth of rent at once and then roll.

If someone can't afford that then they couldn't afford to be in a relationship to begin with.

Relationships are expensive. At least for the person that is invested in one. Anyone else is just a user.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:39 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Any lease can be broken if you pay 3 months worth of rent at once and then roll.
^^^this^^^ In the worst case scenario that should suffice... read the lease agreement carefully and you will find the specifics you are seeking regarding ending the lease early. Speaking to the landlord about your options may be very helpful as well.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:04 PM

513 posts, read 429,218 times
Quote:
Are you for realz? 'Cause this don't sound legit.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
This post is, like, so genuine.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 607 times
I am going through the same thing and the point is the relationship just isn't working out. Neither of us are happy and I'm in the first two months of a year long lease. I would prefer to stay and him to move but he is stubborn saying "if i can't stay than none one is" I feel like he's just screwing the landlord by doing this. I began packing my things and he begged me to stay after breaking up with me and I just don't want to deal with this anymore. I have a 4 year old daughter who needs stability and i don't want to live on eggshells. I felt like it was a bad idea to move in to begin with but I was in a bad predicament (I had 2 weeks to find a new place to live- my old roommate renewed our lease with someone else without telling me) and even though i told him i wasn't ready to move in, begged me to sign a lease with him and I was impulsive and inconsiderate and just went with it. I'm afraid to tell him hope i feel I'm scared of his reaction, last time we had this talk, he threatened to move all my stuff out while I was at work. I don't know what to do. I've already talked to my parents about moving in and my friend who works for a moving company. I've never left a lease before and I don't know what to tell the landlord. This whole thing is a disaster and I'm scared.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:01 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
You find a subletter for the entire place and you both move out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships