Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:10 PM

99 posts, read 135,354 times

Advertisements

Should a woman ever contact a man she's dating. Let's say, you met the person and went out a couple times. He normally initiates contact but you don't hear from him for a few days. Should you call/text? Or just assume he' doesn't want to talk to you?

I unusually mirror a mans communication with me. I'll respond to messages, answer calls but in the beginning stages I never call or text first. Usually because I feel like they aren't contacting me for a reason.

What say you?

Should the contacting be solely on the man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 05:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Why wouldn't you? If he's into you - chances are he'll be happy to hear from you. If he's not into you - does it really matter?

Old 03-29-2014, 05:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Contact him when you want to. Most like the fact that you think they are hot.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:15 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
The infamous book "The Rules" says no, never. If you want to know why, read it.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:16 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
Should a woman ever contact a man she's dating. Let's say, you met the person and went out a couple times. He normally initiates contact but you don't hear from him for a few days. Should you call/text? Or just assume he' doesn't want to talk to you?

I unusually mirror a mans communication with me. I'll respond to messages, answer calls but in the beginning stages I never call or text first. Usually because I feel like they aren't contacting me for a reason.

What say you?

Behavior such as this will usually award that woman my lost interest in her. Quickly.
I, as a man, am a human being. If I take time out of my day to conversate, show interest, date, and entertain a woman, I feel she if interested, should do all of that as well.

call me crazy.

You better be really friggen hot to be pulling this bs, cause simply, it is pretty much bs, and even if you are really attractive on the outside, it is poor dating behavior, and you probably need some work on the inside.
I am guessing right now you are ! "What a jerk!"
But really, I'm just telling it how it really is.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:19 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
The infamous book "The Rules" says no, never. If you want to know why, read it.
concisely, please tell me why, srjth? I don't like reading relationship books

Old 03-29-2014, 05:21 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:

What say you?

Sure a woman could contact a man.

What kind of question is that?

No offense.

I think that if a woman is interested and enjoys being with her man she would take time to contact him, unless she is going through something...

Then again, looking at the bold...

You can at least contact him and leave a message. He could also do the same. That would be sad for both parties to feel like the bolded.

Contacting does not have to be solely on the man. As a matter of fact, a man would appreciate the woman that he is dating contacting him.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
concisely, please tell me why, srjth? I don't like reading relationship books
Give me a minute. My Kindle software is out of date.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:27 PM

570 posts, read 721,314 times
Quote:

No.

/thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:27 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
No, a lady should never contact a man. It is very forward and he might think she is improper...

Oh wait, I'm sorry - for a moment I was channeling a society lady from the 19th century. DOH! Silly me.

OF COURSE you should contact him if you want to talk to him. The fact that you haven't heard from him suggests that he may think you are indifferent to him since you never initiate contact.

SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships