Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:06 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times

Advertisements

"There is no reason to meet you"

End contact.

Problem solved.

You say you are barley in contact with him anyways, so what are you losing? Some pride? A little ego?
Who cares...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 11:24 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Too much drama.

Cannot stand that much drama.

Why the need for you and your ex to send personal Facebook messages to each other... I do not understand that one. I would not blame any current girlfriend involved with your ex not being happy about that... especially if they are in a committed relationship.

Time for the you and your ex to move on with your lives. The past is the past.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Why do you still want to keep contact anyway? What are you hoping out of it?
Yeah...

I wonder about that too.

Exactly what does she think her ex will do by staying in contact with him?

What does she hope will happen by staying in contact with him?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:38 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Cut all contact. Life will be simple and drama bs free.

The end.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:45 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Talk about awkward... Don't agree to this meeting, it'll just get weirder & potentially VERY high drama. I would tell him politely that you respect their relationship & will step back.. They've only been together 5 months, he will probably resume contact w/ you after they break up anyway..

Old 03-30-2014, 11:45 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
How long were you two together and when did you split up?

I really wish people with "unfinished business" would find a way to finish it before getting into relationships with others.

So much drama, her texting you, should never happen. Him giving you a lot of personal information about the dynamics of his new relationship shouldn't be happening either.

Staying in contact isn't healthy for you, regardless of his girlfriend, if you're not able to move on. I don't believe people can switch from a romantic to platonic relationship overnight. Usually some time, distance and perspective is required. I also don't believe it's necessary (or healthy) to keep in contact with exes either. Sometimes people that come into our lives are also meant to go out of it, not orbit on the periphery.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

I really wish people with "unfinished business" would find a way to finish it before getting into relationships with others.

So much drama, her texting you, should never happen. His giving you a lot of personal information about the dynamics of his new relationship shouldn't be happening either.

Staying in contact isn't healthy for you, regardless of his girlfriend, if you're not able to move on. I don't believe people can switch from a romantic to platonic relationship overnight. Usually some time, distance and perspective is required. I also don't believe it's necessary (or healthy) to keep in contact with exes either. Sometimes people that come into our lives are also meant to go out of it, not orbit on the periphery.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:08 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,047 times
The only time I would talk to the x's GF is if I know that the guy is physically abusive in his relationships. Otherwise, I agree with what everyone else is saying here. Let him go completely, lest you get caught up in his r'ship drama with every new gf.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:11 PM

599 posts, read 693,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Sounds like she wants to start a fight. I doubt she would want to meet you to make sure nothing's going on and then allow you both to continue talking to each other. Seems she wants access to you to dish out a beat down or set you up as a frenemy. Can you envision any scenario where she has no problem with your presence in his life? If you can, go for it. Go all the way. Invite her to lunch at a public place. Try to share your mutual disgust of men. Nothing says non threat than two women bonding over food, shopping and a mutual disappointment with the male species.

If she's really resistant to the both of you talking, this is something that can be resolved between the both of them, though.
I agree with this statement. She might just want to beat the crap out of you. You need to cut ties off with your ex, just out of respect for the new girlfriend. She might see you guys friendship as a threat to her relationship with your ex. Just be strong and leave that one alone, no contact. It is time for you to move on and get you a new boyfriend.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Yes, why would the OP want all this drama. Just end the relationship once and for all, let him be an ex. And he's got a gf, that should be "closure" enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships