Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:47 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,386 times

Advertisements

Women of quality should expect such a thing from a man. As a man with a good education himself, it is reciprocal. Who wants a dumb woman?

I can abide lots of things, but not stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM

330 posts, read 545,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
life in order, if a woman wants a man to have his **** together that usually means the woman is looking to settle down or get married right?
It means she has standards.
Why would anyone want to date someone who doesn´t have his/her life together?

Old 03-31-2014, 05:56 PM

173 posts, read 155,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
For the passionate sex?

It all depends what two people are looking for at that moment in time. If two people are looking to make amazing sex their priority, and those two people happen to find each other and both enjoy eating dinner after the sex? BAM! You've got a one night stand turned into a date.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:03 PM

457 posts, read 693,815 times
Quote:
a mandatory requirement among most women before considering dating, being in a relationship with a man? what if he just has a high school diploma, is he screwed, will the odds be against him?
Why should it matter? I know people who are very intelligent who do not have college degrees. Personally, I'm after a Fire and EMT job. I have my EMT-B, but even if I get my EMT-P I still don't have a Bachelor's degree. Does not having a Bachelor's mean I'm stupid/uneducated? Absolutely not. Not going to college was a personal choice, and if someone wants to judge me based on that choice then they obviously aren't for me.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:10 PM

318 posts, read 638,934 times
Quote:
a mandatory requirement among most women before considering dating, being in a relationship with a man? what if he just has a high school diploma, is he screwed, will the odds be against him?
There would not be overpopulation in the world if all or even most women were only spreading their legs for men who have at least a bachelor's degree.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
Why should it matter? I know people who are very intelligent who do not have college degrees. Personally, I'm after a Fire and EMT job. I have my EMT-B, but even if I get my EMT-P I still don't have a Bachelor's degree. Does not having a Bachelor's mean I'm stupid/uneducated? Absolutely not. Not going to college was a personal choice, and if someone wants to judge me based on that choice then they obviously aren't for me.
I can assure you that your fellow associate degree nurses agree with you! I got my bachelor's only because the industry told me I needed it and I wouldn't have a job without it.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:26 PM

330 posts, read 545,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseygrl View Post
For the passionate sex?

It all depends what two people are looking for at that moment in time. If two people are looking to make amazing sex their priority, and those two people happen to find each other and both enjoy eating dinner after the sex? BAM! You've got a one night stand turned into a date.
Fair enough!. I´ve never had a ons.
If i did, I guess I would choose someone I´m already familiar with, like an ex. That way I know he won´t dump me in a ditch somewhere.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:44 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
When I was in the dating scene I was very selective. While a degree wasn't a must, I have always been drawn to intellectuals and intellectuals are educated either formally or informally. They're highly intelligent. Most of the men I was matched with had degrees, many advanced or professional degrees. I'm an intellectual elitist, and am not afraid to admit it. I'm a sapiophile. Smarts, especially in specific areas like philosophy and hard sciences or the humanities, excites me.

I have an ex that is a software developer with no college degree, yet he makes six figures. My ex-husband is brilliant. He has a genius level IQ and was an intelligence analyst in the military, and also doesn't have a college degree. My current husband was an engineering major at UC Santa Barbara, but dropped out because it wasn't for him. He has an AA in Liberal Arts. He's also brilliant, a free-thinker, highly analytical, and a deep thinker. That is just my type. If we can have an intelligent and engaging conversation about the topics that are important to me (e.g., Cosmos series or the movie Noah) then it's all good. I have always desired someone with knowledge that spans many fields of study. I'm a big fan of the classic nerdy and geeky types.

I'm an autodidact. I've spent many years studying my chosen field (comparative literature/religion and philosophy -- metaphysics), more than the time spent to receive both a first and second degree. I'm currently back in school in my sophomore year for this very degree (comparative literature and philosophy) because it just made sense; however, I have yet to touch on anything related to my field and will write a 90 page essay which is similar to CLEP to get a sh*t-ton of credits for knowledge I've already acquired. That would leave me with only two terms left.

It is less about making monies and more about intellectual endeavors, curiosity and exploration. This needn't be experienced by way of formal education. It just needs to exist.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Fair enough!. I´ve never had a ons.
If i did, I guess I would choose someone I´m already familiar with, like an ex. That way I know he won´t dump me in a ditch somewhere.
Yeah but you have to get familiar with them somehow. Some people wanna get frisky before getting Del Frisco's.

Bad joke. Sorry.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:36 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
well high school girls, and college girls, or girls in their late teens and early 20's or somewhat mid-20's often times date guys who don't have their **** together yet, so it sounds like it's because the woman is not looking to settle down or get married yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships