Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 AM

774 posts, read 906,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why would anyone want anything but the best unless they were afraid they couldn't measure up?
I don't measure up to the best, few men by logical definition will measure up to the best, few women can measure up to the best.

I'd rather have a mate than keep on knocking my head against the wall being rejected by women who want better than I am and better than they are.

My female equals want to marry up.

That's not my game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 08:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post

I'd rather have a mate than keep on knocking my head against the wall being rejected by women who want better than I am and better than they are.

That's called settling, and there is nothing wrong with it unless you realize later that you can't live like that and ruin the lives of the children you made.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That's called settling, and there is nothing wrong with it unless you realize later that you can't live like that and ruin the lives of the children you made.
People do not understand, how children watch and parrot us....and form their personalities around their parents...

Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
I'd rather meet a HS grad/dropout/relatively low IQ woman who works hard, who can be sweet if treated right, who would be willing to "settle" for a good guy to marry...........

Than to meet another graduate degree/high IQ and trendy woman who is a professional or career woman, who is able to see the imperfections in the men she meets, who thinks she can do better than the men who are interested in her, who may never get married because "this is wrong" and "that is wrong" with every single man she meets.

Any thoughts.
Do you actually mean higher EQ perhaps? EQ measures one's emotional intelligence.

Anyway, I think one quality of an ideal partner is living with integrity. He/she strives to live a life of integrity so that there are no discrepancies between one’s words and actions.

He/she should also be open and non-defensive. The partner is willing to be vulnerable. etc.

Great qualities of a partner are almost never related to higher or lower IQ, so IQ score is perhaps irrelevant.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
I'd rather meet a HS grad/dropout/relatively low IQ woman who works hard, who can be sweet if treated right, who would be willing to "settle" for a good guy to marry...........

Than to meet another graduate degree/high IQ and trendy woman who is a professional or career woman, who is able to see the imperfections in the men she meets, who thinks she can do better than the men who are interested in her, who may never get married because "this is wrong" and "that is wrong" with every single man she meets.

Any thoughts.
You sound like a man who wants a meek, submissive woman. Plenty of guys like you around.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Luckily those are not the only two choices out there...
Exactly.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 AM

774 posts, read 906,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You sound like a man who wants a meek, submissive woman. Plenty of guys like you around.
No, just a woman who will accept me instead of one who rejects me because of my flaws.

We all have flaws.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:

Any thoughts.
The problem is is that people aren't usually these two extremes, more typically people are more varied than that.

If I had to chose, I'd chose the first.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:23 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Who needs facts when you have conjecture
You didn't present any facts. You presented your opinion and asked for feedback. So you're going to get it.

And no, I would rather have someone who is *at least* as smart as I am, ideally smarter. I've dated men who were not that smart and it gets boring very fast.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
No, just a woman who will accept me instead of one who rejects me because of my flaws.

We all have flaws.
Yes, we do, but some flaws are more tolerable than others. Depends what the flaws are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships