Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:43 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,337 times

Advertisements

What is your relationship with the cat? Did you bring an animal into the relationship as well?

She could be simply marking her territory - so that another person or pet knows she was there first. Its her place, and something is interloping. If she feels at home with you, it might stop the problem, with no vets or meds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM

8,881 posts, read 5,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would pack my bags and leave. There is NO WAY I would put up with that nastiness.
Don't let the door hit you as you exit .......

Old 04-04-2014, 06:56 PM

8,881 posts, read 5,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoian31 View Post
All of your posts have been very helpful. Thank you! I know ultimatums are never received well and usually have a reverse effect. This is why I have not demanded it. I have respected the fact that her cat is this way. I have gone out of my way and bent over back words trying to help resolve the issue, clean up stuff, and even separate my clothing and most of my belongings from the area where the cat is at. However, it is causing more and more problems with us personally and not just financially.

My girlfriend is genuinely frustrated about the situation and wants to resolve the issue. Her cat has been tested and does not have any urinary tract infection. The problem at the end of the day is a mental instability with the cat. The cat is nervous most of the time and hides whenever people come over. The cat does like me. The cat will run from everyone but us.

The vet gave us medicine in liquid form since the cat does not take well to pills already. My GF is going to get another opinion from the vet about what we can do. However, this can be a lot of cost and experimenting before we might find something for the cat.

My girlfriend does not want to confine the cat to just one area, because she feels it would be unfair to the cat. So this is where I am at cross roads....
She needs to medicate her cat. There are also ays to re-train a cat to use the box but they require confinement.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Don't let the door hit you as you exit .......
I wouldn't. Believe me.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
My cat did this and there was an issue. There were other cats outside around our house and he would freak out over that. We had to get rid of those cats and the problem stopped.

There is usually something going on when a cat does that. It could possibly be a territorial issue. Did the cat do that before you moved in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships