Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:18 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
If I fit your criteria, I really don't think anything about it. It can be lonely at times, but most of the time I am just going about living my life. I stated in another thread, right now I am pretty happy. My life couldn't be much better. Sometimes I think I want a man in my life to share it with (and a real, meaningful relationship with a man would be a bonus). But it is what it is.
Sometimes I think that more women can just accept that there are going to be dry spells of weeks, months, even years when you don't meet anyone you're remotely interested in dating or you don't feel like putting yourself out there. You've got your friends, your family, your hobbies, your job, and you just get on with your life. A lot of the guys (on this board, at least) seem to get most resentful that once they're sexually active there isn't always a steady stream of sex coming their way rather than just accepting that everything ebbs and flows.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:49 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
This has been on my mind for a very long time but until recently I was unable to verbalize it coherently.

By rarely, I'm thinking of, say, about once in a good decade and not at all in other decades.

What would you think, how would you feel if you were in this position?

Many men deal with this difficulty over entire lifetimes; as far as I'm aware, I've never known a woman in this boat.
I have my friend.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM

20,762 posts, read 19,968,204 times
If I would know that I will never get a guy I would stop running to gym all the time and eat what I feel like.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
This has been on my mind for a very long time but until recently I was unable to verbalize it coherently.

By rarely, I'm thinking of, say, about once in a good decade and not at all in other decades.

Many men deal with this difficulty over entire lifetimes; as far as I'm aware, I've never known a woman in this boat.

Anyone unable to attract others has issues he/she needs professional help with.

This help could come come from a life coach, a therapist, a charm school, a psychiatrist, a matchmaker etc.

We each get one life to live - ONE. And it is up to every individual to make the most of his/her life.

When you have a problem you can't solve yourself it is just a huge waste of time to sit around moaning and groaning about it.

SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP and move forward in your life

Old 04-02-2014, 09:20 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
Quote:

Those women do exist, just like some men have this difficulty. I've had elderly aunts, cousins, friends and classmates who have all had little to no success with men.

Why do men think this issue is only limited to one gender?

Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

What guys don't realize is that women are just like them.
They can be awkward, not pretty and desperately seeking a partner or relationship.

What do you know, women are human also.
Well, sadly, it's just so much easier for some people to play the victim rather than actually DO anything to improve their situation

Old 04-02-2014, 09:26 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexdragon View Post
If a woman is sexless its her choice. She either chooses a sexless man or chooses not to sleep with local guys. If she absolutely wanted sex there are no women who would have a hard time with that
As long as you meant to speak of attractive women, rather than all women, yes I agree. That's what seems to be missing from the responses. Attractive women who could have anyone they want are acting as if choosing to be without companionship is the same as feeling the need for romantic companionship and being unable to find it.

Attractive people replying on this thread: trust me, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I feel the need for romantic companionship, and I have found people
whom I would like to share a relationship with, but none are interested. This is profoundly different from someone who could easily get romantic companionship if they wanted it.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Anyone unable to attract others has issues he/she needs professional help with.

This help could come come from a life coach, a therapist, a charm school, a psychiatrist, a matchmaker etc.

We each get one life to live - ONE. And it is up to every individual to make the most of his/her life.

When you have a problem you can't solve yourself it is just a huge waste of time to sit around moaning and groaning about it.

SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP and move forward in your life
Want to add, to some of you it seems as though the rest of the world is living some kind of charmed life

But NO ONE on this earth is without some kind of problem, deficit or longing for something they don't have.

Stop wasting your time and energy on whining or bemoaning what you feel you lack in life and do what other successful people do - change things up and make something happen.

You are the only one who can live your life!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:41 AM

43 posts, read 35,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Want to add, to some of you it seems as though the rest of the world is living some kind of charmed life

But NO ONE on this earth is without some kind of problem, deficit or longing for something they don't have.

Stop wasting your time and energy on whining or bemoaning what you feel you lack in life and do what other successful people do - change things up and make something happen.

You are the only one who can live your life!
Perfect. End of discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Mod cut: Referenced posts have been deleted.

My experience, IRL too, not just online, is that women tend to assume it's perfectly normal to have dry spells that last years, maybe even 10 years, and each man tends to assume that he is the only man who goes years without sex.

If I had a problem attracting men, and I wanted to date somebody, I would date women or other-gendered people. They are cool, and often are attracted to different traits. If I couldn't attract anyone, I would work on making a happy life for myself without a mate -- both for my own enjoyment, and because it makes a person more attractive.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-02-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships