Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

Like a lot of things in life, it will be determined by your outlook, not an age.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,225,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Like a lot of things in life, it will be determined by your outlook, not an age.
Its actually determined by your options.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ha, my grandmother lived at this senior living apartment and everyone was dating each other.

One lady came in and asked if there were single men.

Damn grandma! Freaken old people getting it more.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
When you're a female over 35 and therefore "too old" to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh god no, plenty of fun women dating at much older than that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
35 doesn't even seem that old anymore. Then again, maybe that's a sign I'm just getting old
My response was meant to be tongue-in-cheek due to the attitude on this board that any woman over 35 should be put out to pasture.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:27 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,421,377 times
90. Discussing your Catheter Bags on the date, can't be much fun.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
When you're a female over 35 and therefore "too old" to date.
Hah, good thing I missed that memo, or I wouldn't have met my husband. Who I had a great date with tonight, FWIW. Then again, I'm also a breed who wouldn't consider a teenager giving/getting a handjob on a school bus to be "dating." Just me.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,869,653 times
Has it ever been fun? There's the awkward she's way more into me than I am her. It's unpleasant trying to let a girl down easy. And then there's the girl that has it going on, and when she doesn't return your call or text for over 24 hours, you feel like a dumbass for even texting/calling to begin with.

And then there are the stupid judgements you have to worry about if you move too fast or too slow. And then (if you're super busy professionally like I'm about to be), coordinating schedules can be difficult. Why can't I just find the right girl, get married, and put an end to all of the hassle? I'm guessing my desire for variety may have something to do with it? I'm hoping that'll go away when I do meet "her".

Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Has it ever been fun? There's the awkward she's way more into me than I am her. It's unpleasant trying to let a girl down easy. And then there's the girl that has it going on, and when she doesn't return your call or text for over 24 hours, you feel like a dumbass for even texting/calling to begin with.

And then there are the stupid judgements you have to worry about if you move too fast or too slow. And then (if you're super busy professionally like I'm about to be), coordinating schedules can be difficult. Why can't I just find the right girl, get married, and put an end to all of the hassle? I'm guessing my desire for variety may have something to do with it? I'm hoping that'll go away when I do meet "her".
It must be awful.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I've heard and read a lot of stories of wild things people did when they were in high school or college. Wild sexual things and it all sounds very fun. For ex. people who were in high school marching band getting a handjob on the bus or having secret sex in a hotel room, high school football players and just college students in general hooking up at parties and I guess I'm asking if it's possible to have that kind of fun as an adult or does it just get lame after a while because everybody expects you to marry and settle down? Does dating eventually go from being fun to just being a chore?
I guess it is just a matter of what your definition of "fun" is. Personally, I consider enjoying someone's company, sharing great conversations, having a wonderful meal, maybe watching an outstanding movie together, listening to a great band or just hanging out doing nothing together that makes a great date. I suppose if getting a handjob on the bus is your definition, then I guess it stops being FUN once you realize there is an awful lot more to life than sex.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
When does dating START to get fun? That's my question. It has felt like nothing more than a g&@damn power struggle to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships