Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times

Advertisements

I agree with othe posters in that I would touch base to make sure he got hom okay. But then let him make the next move. And by all means, don't let this man move in until you've spent way more time together and agreed upon terms in which he'd "contribute" more than being handsome to the relationship and household. Most people want to be "in love" before they decide to move in since it's usually a test run up to marriage, if if it's a couple years away. Before that, it's just to have sex on demand, free rent, or a discounted relocation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I know someone that met a man at work.. The guy is cute.. and from what I saw, he looks flirty. I didn't want to say anything to my friend.. she's over weight and was very excited to have him interested in her. I was actually very happy for her and hoped what I saw was innocent..

I ran into her the other day.. he moved in with her a few months ago.. still no sex.. Looks like he is not contributing to the bills because he has child support obligations.. she's now supporting him from what I gather.

While it's possible the guy you met online isn't like this.. one never knows, sometimes until it's too late. My poor friend may now be stuck with a guy that isn't romantically interested in her and is mooching. I'll know more next time I see her, she couldn't talk because I had my kid with me.

Take it slow...
This is what I mean about caution, while women are looking for a relationship there are probably more men looking for this situation (not all). This is simular to what happened to my sister in-law, the guy claimed to be a buisness man who did a lot of traveling, turned out he was a bum who took advantage of women, once he showed up he was broke and she couldn't get rid of him, me and my brother in-laws sent him packing with a few bruises turned out he had warrents on him for assult. One of my wifes co-workers went out with a guy she met on line, he drove 200 miles to meet her, he wasn't even close to being who he claimed and began stalking her. I think these relationships can work out but i think you are taking a big risk, it's so easy to make someone believe you are something your not on line compaired to face to face.
Someone said to do a background check and as much as I find that distastefull I would have to agree it would be a smart idea in one of these situations.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
I believe in the possibility of meeting a great person on line. However, to go out with someone you met two days prior on line? Having conversations about moving? Making out with someone you've known for two days and the first time you've met him in person? SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 PM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I think I answered this one yesterday but the thing with long distance stuff does not work out.........most of the time. Usually it will end up with someone having to relocate to be with the other, and in a matter of time its not as pretty as they made you envision you to see it as. You may not agree with even the little things such as climate. Wages. the type of home she/he has. Hobbies. Distance away from one party's family. Holiday issues. Other trivial issues. Again, there may be cases where its great, but there are more failures than sucess stories on long distance relationships.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
You met online and two days later he traveled 400-600 miles to meet you and talked about moving in? Am I understanding that right?

And despite this wonderful, passionate date with talk about your future together, you're not sure when/whether to contact him again?

Please, please, slow down and show some good sense. If your sister or best friend described this situation to you, what would you say? "Oh yeah, he sounds like a great guy" or "This is way too weird for you to get involved in" ?

Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,198,500 times
Long distance relationships are not for the weak of heart. They take so much trust and money to sustain not to mention all those lonely nights when you can't see each other. My advise would be chalk it up to a new experience and remain penpals,only.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,161 times
how can i ask a question here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships