Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Just had to give credit where credit is due to y'all. A good female friend of mine asked for my input on a guy who made a interesting statement to her. Basically the guy said he was a "nice guy" and had high standards. My time in this forum helped me realize that was a red flag. We've been over it plenty folks, the guys who call themselves nice guys are some of the most toxic to women. I advised her, steer clear. I'm glad my experiences in this forum helped me to help a good friend make a bad mistake.
Are you positive that is what the guy meant? Most average people don't follow terms like nice, good man. Are you sure he wasn't saying he was a good man in his own way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Only by jerkfaces who post on the internet, but it is a positive term.
Don't mean to be rude, but the term "white knight" is a term used to describe whipped guys who come to the rescue of gals. Often its a disservice to the gals because they don't learn anything. Femmamale is an example.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Only by jerkfaces who post on the internet, but it is a positive term.
Not to be argumentative, but I think you've got that wrong.

It sounds like you are confusing "white knight" (a definite negative term used in a derogatory way) with "knight in shining armor" which usually means a good guy, hero type.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Is this thread for real? Honestly?

Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 PM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

It sounds like you are confusing "white knight" (a definite negative term used in a derogatory way) with "knight in shining armor" which usually means a good guy, hero type.
A quote I heard recently and really like, was "A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested." They create the illusion of a hero, but fall short when it comes time to battle.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Just had to give credit where credit is due to y'all. A good female friend of mine asked for my input on a guy who made a interesting statement to her. Basically the guy said he was a "nice guy" and had high standards. My time in this forum helped me realize that was a red flag. We've been over it plenty folks, the guys who call themselves nice guys are some of the most toxic to women. I advised her, steer clear. I'm glad my experiences in this forum helped me to help a good friend make a bad mistake.
Oh yea.

Those guys are terrible.

Much worse than the guys who end up cheating, beating, and leaving their women as single mothers.

Tie those 'nice guys' up throw them in a pit, and bury em alive.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Oh yea.

Those guys are terrible.

Much worse than the guys who end up cheating, beating, and leaving their women as single mothers.

Tie those 'nice guys' up throw them in a pit, and bury em alive.
That's about as intelligent as saying cocaine isn't bad because meth is worse.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 PM

The truth is there is no such thing as a true good man or a true nice man. Often we are a mix of positive and negative. Our world is based on balance. Go to far into good, bad things happen and vice versa. Nature obhores inbalance.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:45 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Don't mean to be rude, but the term "white knight" is a term used to describe whipped guys who come to the rescue of gals. Often its a disservice to the gals because they don't learn anything. Femmamale is an example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

The negative connotation came from the internet. Just like Feminazi did. The original term ( for both white knight and knight in shining armor) meant good guy or hero. That is why the knight was cloaked in white, the color of purity. Google images of a white knight to see what he looks like.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
The negative connotation came from the internet. Just like Feminazi did. The original term ( for both white knight and knight in shining armor) meant good guy or hero. That is why the knight was cloaked in white, the color of purity. Google images of a white knight to see what he looks like.
The term comes from the same place as the term good and nice man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships