Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times

Advertisements

About the approaching thing, I find I only get approached if I'm smiling.. and well it's hard to always be smiling about nothing all the time. I do sometimes but it gets tiring but not smiling doesn't make me less friendly than when I am smiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 09:04 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
About the approaching thing, I find I only get approached if I'm smiling.. and well it's hard to always be smiling about nothing all the time. I do sometimes but it gets tiring but not smiling doesn't make me less friendly than when I am smiling.
If I don't smile people think I'm going to kill them.

Apparently I have a scary blank look. Don't mean it, just do.

So I try to smile at people now.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Where was shirtless guy going to take you on your date?
Skate through Marina Del Rey to Venice Beach and hit up some medicinal marijuana joints?

The flipflop guy I met at a restaurant.

The shirtless guy - we live 5 minutes apart. He lives one block from the beach and we agreed to meet at his place, I leave my car there and we walk my dog to the beach. Which is stupid from my side, I should have insisted to meet at the beach (safer that way. Even though I texted a friend where exactly I am).

So I drove to his neighborhood and had no clue that it was totally in the ghetto. I was scared to even leave my car, odd people hanging around there, staring me down.
There was a mumbling crack head sitting next to shirtless guys entrance, holding a baby.
My dog is big but doesn't look very scary.

I didn't get into his apartment. We talked outside and I left after 10 minutes.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
These aren't flags?

Seriously?

Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Wow, well hey construction guys might be a lot of fun? Look at the bright side, they could teach you to build things, right?

And to drink. That one construction guy had 3 children. Two of them only a few months apart but don't have the same mom.

He was very polite though and dressed well.

The other one told me about all his DUI's and prison time because he didn't pay child support - but of course it wasn't his fault, it was THEIR fault. He was very polite though. And dressed well.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM

54 posts, read 42,534 times
I am single because I don't approach women anymore, and I reject any women who approach me. I don't date at all. I actually avoid women and as much social interaction with them as I can. I have a job that is very male-dominated, I live in the country by myself and am interested in hobbies that are solitary and also male-dominated so it's actually not hard.

The only exception are the wives/girlfriends of buddies, some of whom I like pretty well. But as soon as they start in with the, "you should meet my friend, Minerva, you guys would be a great couple!", I give them the brush off. I try to explain as little as possible, because saying "I don't date" to a female invites a shotgun blast of questions that I'd rather not answer. Thankfully, most of them know the score so they don't really try anymore.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
I am single because I don't approach women anymore, and I reject any women who approach me. I don't date at all. I actually avoid women and as much social interaction with them as I can. I have a job that is very male-dominated, I live in the country by myself and am interested in hobbies that are solitary and also male-dominated so it's actually not hard.

The only exception are the wives/girlfriends of buddies, some of whom I like pretty well. But as soon as they start in with the, "you should meet my friend, Minerva, you guys would be a great couple!", I give them the brush off. I try to explain as little as possible, because saying "I don't date" to a female invites a shotgun blast of questions that I'd rather not answer. Thankfully, most of them know the score so they don't really try anymore.
I can understand that you dont want to approach. But why reject? There is some women who are interested in male dominated hobbies, who aren't lesbians.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I can understand that you dont want to approach. But why reject? There is some women who are interested in male dominated hobbies, who aren't lesbians.
Just because I'm not interested in dating at all. It's weird timing, because at 35, the late 20's/early 30's crowd ladies who are looking for marriage/LTR/kids are definitely a lot less shy about approaching than they were when they were 10 years younger. So, I guess I quit just at the time when women started approaching me.

I am very polite about it. A couple of months ago a woman came up and made some small talk with me, I was taken aback when she offered me her number and suggested meeting up for a drink. I told her that I was flattered, but not interested. I could tell she was crushed.

Then last week I was in a convenience store and a very cute, petite brunette made a point of it to literally turn around 3 different times and give me the classic "smile and blush." If it was just once, you could write it off, but she definitely was inviting me to approach her.

Of course, I didn't, and when I was driving away through the parking lot she looked at me again and I could tell she was crestfallen.

Such is life.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
Just because I'm not interested in dating at all. It's weird timing, because at 35, the late 20's/early 30's crowd ladies who are looking for marriage/LTR/kids are definitely a lot less shy about approaching than they were when they were 10 years younger. So, I guess I quit just at the time when women started approaching me.

I am very polite about it. A couple of months ago a woman came up and made some small talk with me, I was taken aback when she offered me her number and suggested meeting up for a drink. I told her that I was flattered, but not interested. I could tell she was crushed.

Then last week I was in a convenience store and a very cute, petite brunette made a point of it to literally turn around 3 different times and give me the classic "smile and blush." If it was just once, you could write it off, but she definitely was inviting me to approach her.

Of course, I didn't, and when I was driving away through the parking lot she looked at me again and I could tell she was crestfallen.

Such is life.
So you are gonna stay alone forever? Dude, you are in your prime time but you sound like you are very old and life is almost over.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So you are gonna stay alone forever? Dude, you are in your prime time but you sound like you are very old and life is almost over.
Yeah, that's the plan. I had a very, very bad experience and I just decided that it's best for me to not let anyone "in" again.

I'm 35, so life is probably half over.

I wanted to do the white picket fence thing at one time, but I don't want to be an "old dad," either, so I set my limit at 40.

At this point, I do not trust women at all, and to have 5 years left on the clock to meet, date, get engaged, move in, and get preggo....the timeline is just not there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships