Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:49 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So fun things are boy activities. Got it.
LOL.. yeah, I guess that didn't come across well. I apologize. I was trying to say the activities I find fun are usually dominated by men and typically thought of as "guy activities."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Op you are getting in a relationship next month?

Wow.

I'm single because I need to get my chit together.And I like only the good bone.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I feel for you. That's sad.

Everybody needs and should be loved.
That would be nice in perfect world, alas.

I once asked my therapist at the time to please tell me how to learn to stop wanting to be loved. It's a terrible burden to desire something you can never have. He laughed. I got angry because he laughed, and he got serious and said what I asked for was not possible. He said it's human nature to desire to be loved by another, and even though we can learn to be alone, there will always be a part of us that yearns for love. He is right. Even though I've for the most part accepted that I will die unloved, there is that little tiny area in me that still wishes, and sometimes it raises up and pinches me. I can squash it, but it's a little bit painful.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Gotta be my personality..

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...9/Ugly-guy.jpg

Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
How about GOOD people sometimes make bad decisions in picking a partner and instead of sticking it out until death, they end it and become available.

So even though many GOOD people might be taken at a certain age, some become available again. They might have baggage so it would probably help if you are more tolerant the older you get.

I know that for me it is almost impossible to find a guy who was never married, no kids, good job, good looks, between 37-50. If somebody is 45 and was never married, there is a big possibility, that there is something seriously wrong with him. So I know I have to be a bit more forgiving and maybe take a guy who already has kids or doesn't look that great or divorced.

I really don't like the statement that ALL GOOD people are taken at a certain age. Good people get divorced, too, not just BAD people!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:28 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
LOL.. yeah, I guess that didn't come across well. I apologize. I was trying to say the activities I find fun are usually dominated by men and typically thought of as "guy activities."

I'm teasing. But I kind of agree with you... people often say take classes, do meet ups, do activities that you love doing and meet people that way.

Ok. I've taken classes, almost all men, except for the couples. Went with a group with a shared interest to Peru last year... 20 people, one single (too young) a woman, one m/f couple, the rest guys.

I mean, if I was into cooking and sipping wine and commenting on hints of clove and tannins or whatever I'm sure I'd meet a girl that way, or if I was into the tango... but I'm interested in fun stuff (boy stuff).

Old 04-03-2014, 08:28 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
How about GOOD people sometimes make bad decisions in picking a partner and instead of sticking it out until death, they end it and become available.

So even though many GOOD people might be taken at a certain age, some become available again. They might have baggage so it would probably help if you are more tolerant the older you get.

I know that for me it is almost impossible to find a guy who was never married, no kids, good job, good looks, between 37-50. If somebody is 45 and was never married, there is a big possibility, that there is something seriously wrong with him. So I know I have to be a bit more forgiving and maybe take a guy who already has kids or doesn't look that great or divorced.

I really don't like the statement that ALL GOOD people are taken at a certain age. Good people get divorced, too, not just BAD people!
This is a very good point. Often times good people divorce (or are abandoned by) non-good people. Putting them back out there. But like I said in my post, the problem is that not so good person is out there too and you have a chance of meeting that person instead of the good one.

It's not that good people aren't out there, it's just that they can be a bit harder to find the older you get.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:29 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
If somebody is 45 and was never married, there is a big possibility, that there is something seriously wrong with him.

See, this is the mindset that needs to be disposed of. I know plenty of good men and women 45 or above, or approaching 45, and there is nothing wrong with them at all.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:32 AM

663 posts, read 778,026 times
Quote:

lol....37-50, good job, good looks, no kids, normal, not a player....lol he has 20 women lining up to marry him at any given minute.

What would separate you from the other 19 women? Figure out what makes you better than the other 19 women, and I guarantee you will find the guy you are looking for.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
And what are your reasons?
Because I want to be. Didn't like marriage, don't particularly miss being in a relationship, don't see myself dating any time soon. Too many other things on my plate. Check back in a year. Thank you, drive through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships