Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Jesus, read my other posts.

I am fine with the FWB.

I am sleeping with other people as well.

The question is why he is doing all the other stuff when I made it clear I would sleep with him no strings attached.
Right I think most of the responses here, either: haven't read your posts, have reading comprehension issues, or want to assert thier definition of what a FWB is.

Personally, I think you have a better handle on your relationship than most of the respondants here ever could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Maybe the homeschooling made him kind of weird, socially speaking..

Old 04-07-2014, 10:34 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
Nope, not reading ten thousand posts. It's a simple situation and that is the answer right there.
Quote:

I am fine with the FWB.

The question is why he is doing all the other stuff when I made it clear I would sleep with him no strings attached.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 PM

2,201 posts, read 3,359,496 times
Quote:

I am fine with the FWB.

Because he likes you and likes spending time with you.

All I can really think of is the religious difference. He brought you to his church, you're atheist and don't plan on changing. Perhaps his religion means enough to him that he doesn't want to pursue a "real" relationship with you because of the religious differences between you two.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Men are confusing as hell. The end.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
He doesn't want a relationship but wants sex means he's using you until someone better comes along. I speak from experience on this. Stop having sex.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:09 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,791 times
He enjoys your company and being a part of your life beyond and including sex, but he doesn't actually want to commit to a relationship with you. That's only confusing depending on how you perceive what he's supposed to want. So let's say you think a guy's supposed to want sex with no strings attached unless he wants to be with you. That's it. A man either wants to be with you or fu-k you without any attachment.

You'd naturally think that if you offer a guy one of those options and he says no, it must mean he wants the other one. But this guy's caRAAAzee. He wants some kooky hybrid where it's not just about sex but also isn't a committed relationship. What's up with that? Well, it might just be what he wants, nothing confusing about it.

Like someone else touched on, he might enjoy reaping the benefits of a girlfriend without actually having a girlfriend, even if whether or not you're his girlfriend only boils down to what you call your relationship. Labels matter. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but it might cost less.

If you're okay with the way things are, who cares why he wants to do all the other stuff even though you said he doesn't have to? Let him ponder it. For curiosity's sake, though, a lot of people gave you some good theories.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Men are confusing as hell. The end.

No, no , no , no, men are single-minded and logical creatures, very easy to figure out.
It's women who (over)think and feel ... those are the confusing ones.
We need another pole.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:20 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCT View Post
I can see where he's coming from. If he genuinely enjoys your company then a FWB relationship under your guidelines would eliminate the possibility of hanging out with you other than to have sex. I look at it as he enjoys your company---along with the sex---but doesn't necessarily want to deal with the work and compromise necessary to keep the standard committed relationship afloat. Doesn't necessarily mean he has a phobia of commitment. It most likely means that at this time he doesn't want to give up the freedom and mobility he currently enjoys to be in a full-time committed relationship. If it was just sex that he was interested in, then he would have jumped at your FWB offer and been cool with it. By him being honest with you he's at least giving you the opportunity to determine if what he wants is aligned with what you want from him.

Yea, I agree with this. Both men and women get lonely, and sometimes just having sex doesn't exactly fill that void. I was in a similar situation about a year ago, lasted about 3 months, I ended it cause I felt like it was time to move on if he didn't want to move forward with me.

I also agree with the poster who said he's probably not seeing anybody else, but wants to keep that option open.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:27 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
No, no , no , no, men are single-minded and logical creatures, very easy to figure out.
It's women who (over)think and feel ... those are the confusing ones.
We need another pole.
Dang it...my rep comment posted before I wanted it to..."pole" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships