Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 09:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I've never understand why my co-religionists think sex is something that's wrong. It enriches human experience, not detracts from it.
Various faith traditions that incorporate celibacy don't do so because they deem it wrong. They largely do so because they consider it a distraction from a focus on what they find to be a spiritually higher purpose. They generally also incorporate abstention from a number of other so-called worldly pleasures for the same reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 09:34 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Tapping that booty clears the head.

Seems very Zen to me.....

Old 08-11-2018, 10:38 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Various faith traditions that incorporate celibacy don't do so because they deem it wrong. They largely do so because they consider it a distraction from a focus on what they find to be a spiritually higher purpose. They generally also incorporate abstention from a number of other so-called worldly pleasures for the same reasons.
Or, they may not deem it wrong at all per se, just outside of marriage. So it's not necessarily because it would be a distraction. Depending upon which disciplines/practices (maybe more so than faiths per se) we're talking about.

But leaving that aside, I think it is far more of a distraction to be horny for months on end with no relief than to have sex, or masturbate, then go on with one's day.

I do not believe going without natural things makes God love me more (or somehow makes me feel more in tune with God), not do I believe God wants me to marry just anybody simply so I can have sex, so that leaves me with....? (Or did before I was married.) It left me with sex or masturbation to satisfy the strong urge God, nature of both gave me (I didn't request them) whether I was properly married or not. With love, I had sex. Without love, I didn't grab any dude to satisfy the urge. But I did have an outlet. A natural one.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:08 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
My Dw's cervix was always sensitive, banging it around gives her a lot of pain.

Even when we were dating she was very low drive, borderline asexual.

At 25 she was pregnant when she suffered a spinal injury with two slipped discs and some nerve damage. That nerve damage seems to have triggered early menopause and general atrophy of her genitals. From that point on, all the inner flesh of her labia and the interior is all dry, tight and easily torn. No quantity of artificial lube will allow that flesh to be stretched or manipulated.

During her pregnancy, the baby grew okay, but her body refused to react to the hormones that would allow her cervix to open for the birth. At the hospital, they tried drugs to force her birthcanal to open, but even after 2 days of induced contractions, it refused to open. So they did a C-section.

After that sex was mostly not allowed. We made attempts once a year, but it always resulted in immediate pain for her.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:38 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Bet someone's tapping that now, though.

Curious: did you read the OP at all? It's about celibacy, not the absence of PIV sex.

Last edited by zentropa; 08-12-2018 at 02:06 PM..

Old 08-12-2018, 01:50 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
I'm abstaining today.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:33 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Bet someone's tapping that now, though.

Curious: did you read the OP at all? It's about celibacy, not the absence of PIV sex.
My marriage has been functionally celibate for over 30 years.

First it was due to my wifes injury and now it is primarily due to my own disease. I have prostate cancer. My prostate was removed in 2014, along with the nerve-bundle. This year my cancer returned and I am going through radiation therapy and hormone treatment.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:40 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
My marriage has been functionally celibate for over 30 years.

First it was due to my wifes injury and now it is primarily due to my own disease. I have prostate cancer. My prostate was removed in 2014, along with the nerve-bundle. This year my cancer returned and I am going through radiation therapy and hormone treatment.
Hope things work out for you the best they can. For some couples there are fun things that don't involve pv type of sex.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:34 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
My Dw's cervix was always sensitive, banging it around gives her a lot of pain.

Even when we were dating she was very low drive, borderline asexual.

At 25 she was pregnant when she suffered a spinal injury with two slipped discs and some nerve damage. That nerve damage seems to have triggered early menopause and general atrophy of her genitals. From that point on, all the inner flesh of her labia and the interior is all dry, tight and easily torn. No quantity of artificial lube will allow that flesh to be stretched or manipulated.

During her pregnancy, the baby grew okay, but her body refused to react to the hormones that would allow her cervix to open for the birth. At the hospital, they tried drugs to force her birthcanal to open, but even after 2 days of induced contractions, it refused to open. So they did a C-section.

After that sex was mostly not allowed. We made attempts once a year, but it always resulted in immediate pain for her.

wow holy cow I'm impressed you were able to make it through it. I consider myself a relatively strong willed person and think this would test even the solidest (a word?) of marriages.

If you don't mind me asking was your wife ok with you talking on the subject of masturbation? Did she understand you still had needs and would try to develop a solution without violating the fidelity of marriage?

Old 08-12-2018, 03:37 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Married my HS girlfriend... We dated for 5 years then got engaged for another 4 and have been married for another 8. Never cheated on her with another woman (kissing / sex/ dating /etc..). We lived together in college so there really was not room for temptation.

I've probably seen her almost every day since 2001 except for business trips so there really has been no opportunity for me to cheat. Not saying I'm perfect I just don't give myself the opportunities to stray nor am I really interested in losing half my stuff, my baby girl, and my wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships