Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:23 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
not really true. I know plenty of millionaires and most of them have big houses and nice cars

Not to say that you can't be smart with your money and still have nice toys. I drive an Audi but still save 2-3K a month
Warren Buffet and Bill Gates aren't blinging.... they are the gold standard in this country for wealth. Warren still lives in the same house he bought back when Jesus was carpenter, he paid 13k for it I think.... the point I'm saying is that you can have a few toys and still be wealthy, but the shyt you see in rap videos isn't indicative of people with any real money.

Chris Rock does a bit on this same subject....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM

135 posts, read 150,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Warren Buffet and Bill Gates aren't blinging.... they are the gold standard in this country for wealth. Warren still lives in the same house he bought back when Jesus was carpenter, he paid 13k for it I think.... the point I'm saying is that you can have a few toys and still be wealthy, but the shyt you see in rap videos isn't indicative of people with any real money.

Well there's a huge range between driving a used Toyota Corolla and driving a Bentley continental GT

I don't look at it black and white like that

Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM

867 posts, read 909,348 times
I think you have a couple of problems. The first is the circle you are in; I'm thirty-two and I can honestly write I have gone throughout my entire life without knowing a druggie or seeing women around drug dealers. If you find yourself witnessing these things time to change your circle of friends or where you hang out. Another thing is while I joke around about my Gibson Les Paul the rule of thumb in life is never, "bling." It's classless. There is a thing called, "new money," and a thing called, "old money," new money blings old money doesn't you want to aspire to be like old money. Because if you bling may you may attract a certain kind of woman that you don't want to attract.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
Quote:
I ask this question because I'm 25 and I see plenty of attractive women around my age dating guys who are losers/drug dealers/etc...

Does this change when women get a little bit older and start looking for somebody to settle down with? I ask because I'm a 25 year old guy doing very well for myself and on a great track for the rest of my life but I don't think it has helped me at all in regards to dating

For guys out there in similar position to me, did you notice more success when you were older?
Believe me, this aspect of life will never change. Don't worry about the things you can't do anything about. Just be yourself, and live your own life. Things will work out for the best.

As for all the 25-year-old women chasing the losers? In 10 years, most of them will be fat, have kids, and be some form of welfare.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:30 PM

867 posts, read 909,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Listen to this.

Look I know racial stuff is taboo but nothing screams marginalized, poor minority than bling. I'm a minority so I can write that. Any way, if you are into the club scene and other marginalized venues than yah bling is expected but those aren't the kind of women you want to date.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Well there's a huge range between driving a used Toyota Corolla and driving a Bentley continental GT

Didn't you see the part where I said having a few toys is Ok? ... I just said people with real wealth don't go around looking like some ridiculous over the top fool like Flava Flav.......

Old 04-05-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Listen to this.

Look I know racial stuff is taboo but nothing screams marginalized, poor minority than bling. I'm a minority so I can write that. Any way, if you are into the club scene and other marginalized venues than yah bling is expected but those aren't the kind of women you want to date.
Plenty of poor white people try to bling too... that isn't limited to the hue of your skin.......

Old 04-05-2014, 07:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
I've never known any women who cared about guys' money, so I can't comment on that. Women I know make their own money.

I guess drug dealers have a lot of money, though. And a lot of free time for sex. That might be appealing, especially if she likes the drugs, too.

Losers gonna date losers. And woman who makes her own success, financial and otherwise, might date a guy you perceive as a 'loser' because he is good in bed, kind, smart, a good artist, or any number of characteristics that she values and you do not.

I think your best bet is to think of the kind of woman you want, and then put yourself in her shoes. If you were her, what would you look for in a guy? Do you want a woman who is a freeloader? Then you will need the bling. Do you want a woman who has her own income, and plenty of it? Then what does she want? Do you want a woman who manages her money wisely? Then you will need a fuel-efficient, older car .

Old 04-05-2014, 07:43 PM

61 posts, read 115,807 times
I think in general women are attracted to men who are themselves. I think you would have the most luck if you don't pressure yourself into trying to find a girl. If you can forget about trying to impress the women is when you will find yourself successful. I've seen it time after time with friends of mine. Just do your thing.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Just so I don't sound like some stodgy old dude, I drive a mustang with some 20's on that mo fo, going to get the stereo updated with a big azz subwoofer soon....

So, I get the toy thing... I'm just saying people shouldn't go nuts with that stuff, investing and fiscal responsibly should be paramount....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships