Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 11:16 PM

260 posts, read 605,424 times

Advertisements

I found a blog of a guy who echoes a lot of my thoughts. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following excerpt.

Quote:
The origin of the term game is really unknown. However, I am a strong believer that it is a socially-engineered term (or one that was discovered and then socially promoted) to take men further down the rabbit hole. You see, the term game denotes that something is wrong with you, and not egotistical women, *****-whipped men, and society in general. Years ago, when dating was easier, most guys would just go out to a watering hole (bar) and mingle with other guys. At these bars there would be a fairly good supply of women who were also partying and looking to socialize. What would happen was that most guys would wind up just getting into conversations with women, and then, if they liked one another, they would either exchange numbers or plan to meet another time in the near future. Good-looking guys naturally had it easier—as they always do—but even average-looking Joes could still make conversation with some women and become successful at getting dates. Who knows, it sometimes would even lead to a long-term relationship and then marriage. Even though sex was supposedly in the air, say, thirty-five years ago, people still respected long-term commitments.

These days, this is not the case. More and more men today instinctively realize that meeting women for romance and sex are a near impossibility. It seems that most women only want short-term flings with guys that rate in the top 20% or less in the looks and money department. This is no exaggeration either. For example, right now, I have no connections for meeting women. Even if I go out to a grocery store and shop, I still have to realize that the women there are only there to shop and maybe possibly meet a super-looking hunk. Countless times, I have listened to these moronic PUAs say things like, “you just need to approach these women enough times and things will happen.” The truth is, however, no amount of game and approach matters. Women—if they are interested in you—will stay in your zone and gravitate around you whether you like it or not. If you approach a woman in a public place like a mall or grocery store, you are more than likely going to deal with only a polite response from her from your conversational initiation, and that’s it. Running so-called game is absurd (again, whatever the hell that is). She will move out of your way soon after you talk to her. Simply put, 99 out of 100 times she is not interested. Period!

Even telling a half-hearted, corny joke isn’t going to get you anywhere either, unless of course if you’re super good- looking and fit her physical type. Even if the woman is married and committed, she’ll still more than likely respond to you and want to talk. If this isn’t happening, then you are wasting your time.

I have personal experience with women that have liked me and badly wanted to be with me. When they like you, there isn’t any of this “putting forth effort” and “having game,” or being “game aware.” They simply stay in your vicinity, stare at you, and refuse to break off the conversation you’re having with them. In short, they are into you.
(Source: http://stevehoca.com/)

Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
I just think it is very sad that so many people are so shallow.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:02 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
I partially agree with the article.

A woman could like you from the onset, but you still need to have some resemblance of "game", or at least knowing what to do to keep her hooked. If you have no idea what to do, or are constatly nervous, she will eventually lose interest.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:41 AM

377 posts, read 619,979 times
The article is quite factual, and what's strange is how so many will deny it. In reality, there is no such thing as "game". It's really just a fanciful construct by good looking men to delude themselves into thinking their success with women is the result of hard work and personal development i.e things within their control and not winning the genetic lottery.

It's not unlike how people born into wealth believe the lie that society is a true meritocracy and would have been where they are now with just hard work and ambition. Unfortunately, in both cases, reality is much crueler than most would like to think.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
The article is quite factual, and what's strange is how so many will deny it. In reality, there is no such thing as "game". It's really just a fanciful construct by good looking men to delude themselves into thinking their success with women is the result of hard work and personal development i.e things within their control and not winning the genetic lottery.

It's not unlike how people born into wealth believe the lie that society is a true meritocracy and would have been where they are now with just hard work and ambition. Unfortunately, in both cases, reality is much crueler than most would like to think.
Good looks DO HELP a lot, but it's not everything.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:59 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Anyone who uses the word "game" and "dating, relationships, marriage, he likes me, she likes me, ..." in the same sentence I stay far away from. None of those situations has anything to do with a game and it is usually best if one does not refer to any part of any of it as "game".
This is not 3rd grade, it is in theory real, adult, mature life, not games, not swags, not whatever other slang nonsense being used the current second.
Not everyone is going to be successful in every friendship or relationship. That is the reality of life, learn from the experience and move on already. Quit with the self loathing and realize even the "most beautiful" humans are not the most beautiful humans to every other human on the planet.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:03 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I think this article sucks

Old 04-06-2014, 02:08 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,136 times
Game is totally unnecessary. I think the term was more popular back in the 70's when there was a lot of silly mail order ads for how to be successful with women in trash tabloid magazines.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:20 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
People only run into those types of people because they are looking for the wrong ones.

I hate the term game with a passion, and I think it is completely childish. Any time I hear a guy mention it or say anything close to it, it's a red flag for me to walk away from him.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:22 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Guys who post about "game" don't have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships