Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:52 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times

Advertisements

I would say he isn't that interested, but he doesn't want to burn that bridge just yet; hes keeping you as an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 08:52 AM

527 posts, read 600,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
Why does a man call/text if he has no interest?
He doesn't.

If he's calling/texting you he has some kind interest. It just may not be the same type of interest or level of interest that you have.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:00 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
I don't understand this phenomenon.

My situation is this... I've been talking to someone for almost 4 mons. In the beginning it was great he always wanted to see me. He's even come late after work just to see me (no sex) he 'genuinely' just missed me and wanted to see me. Around month 2, it started to change. He wasn't contacting me as much and I fell back a little. He briefly mentioned traveling for work the following month but we barely spoke. Right before he was suppose to leave we had plans but he was a no show. Smh, bc he reached out to me to make plans.

Anyway, The traveling month (month 3) came and he left but didn't contact me. I just called and wished him a safe trip. Since he was traveling to Asia. Anyway, during his trip he texted me a few times and that was it. When he returned the following week he bombarded me with calls and texts . Saying he missed me and wants to spend time with me. I ignored all the calls and texts, but gave in later that day. We spent 3 days together and everything was great. He talked about us growing and how he enjoys my company, yaddie yaddie. We had a genuine good time. We fooled around / no sex. Trust me, I was willing but he wants to wait. (Glad I never gave it away)

Ok, so the proceeding week, we spoke every single day except that weekend. He was kinda of MIA. His family was in town so I didn't push it, but I did send a text saying hello and jokingly asked if he forgot about me. He assured me he hasn't and just been busy.

So, another work week comes up and I don't hear from him at all. At this point I said I'm done with this wishy washy thing. I'm getting too old for games and for men who are unsure about me. But again, I gave in and texted him and asked how he was. He replied and then no contact until Friday. Friday, he called and said works been busy and he's been a bit overwhelmed. So I gave him a pass but still thinking with technology there's no such thing as too overwhelmed to just text hi. It literally takes less than 10 secs. He apologized for neglecting me and made plans for this weekend. I , like a dummy, accepted his offer to hang out.

Needless to say, there was no hang out and I haven't heard from him since. I refuse to call and text asked what happened. If he calls and texts I refuse to answer. If I do, it'll be to tell him to stop contacting me.

It seems like these are the guys I only run into..

Why does he pretend to show interest??????
It can't possibly be because I'm constantly contacting him, which I'm not.

Why do men make the effort to call and make plans if they know they don't want to??

Is it pity calls and arrangements? Wouldn't it be easier to just not contact me at all??

Everytime I delete his # and decide I'm done he pops up again. Whyyyyy??

Edited to add: sorry for the long post. I tried to keep it short ...
Sounds like he wants sex without the commitment.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,808,990 times
I dated a guy like this once thinking he just wasn't "ready" for a relationship, so one day I just had enough and told him to lose my number, he still texted me after that but I never answered. Low and behold a couple of months later he started dating a girl he is now engaged to. My point being, the whole time I was seeing him I was trying to convince myself that he was really into me and we'd eventually have a serious relationship, when in reality he was totally ready for a relationship, just not with me.

Don't make someone a priority in your life when you're only an option in theirs.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:10 PM

40 posts, read 111,938 times
Sounds like he's a douche bag. He doesn't care about you. Move on, and don't waste your time.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,387,150 times
He's into you, but not that much. It's like when you go out to eat and have a sandwich that's okay, but you were really craving lasagna. I would either move on or keep it casual.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:49 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He thinks he will later down the road. Plus it seems to me he is testing you.Are you available for him? You could say yes to this.

Avoid him for awhile so he can think? What's her problem? She's so annoying. ....did she meet someone else? That b*tch! Omg I think I might want her? Or the...eff her I'll go get a new lady.
Do I know you?

Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times
Initially I was going to say that someone would keep talking to you because they want to be friends. I know that in my case, I always want to be friends with people first, so if the feelings are not reciprocated (and they never have been), at least there is the possibility of remaining friends. I don't really want people to come into my life briefly, decide they're not interested romantically, then never speak to me again....not that the just friends reaction is not also heartbreaking, it just isn't as bad as no further contact.

In any case that doesn't seem to be happening here so I'm not sure what's going on. I think if the idea was to just have sex without a relationship he would have made a move during that weekend you were together.

I guess he was originally interested in something more but now just wants to be friends. I don't know, lol.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Do I know you?
Hi Dan!!!!!!! (Hugs)

Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,669,806 times
You sound like his backup option. It doesn't have to involve sex. Whenever he craves some human interaction and no one else is around, he'll go to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships