Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:59 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I have never been approached by a woman who started to flirt with me, bought me a drink, talked for awhile, asked me back to her place and I decided if we where going to have sex, we had sex and it may or may not have led to a relationship. And that will never happen to me and I don't think that scenario has ever happened to any man in the history of the world with the exception of a rock star or actor. I would give anything to experience that and have that feeling of being sexually wanted without going through a million hoops and dealbreakers. Being approached and having the man do all the work and you get to decide when and if there will be sex or a relationship is something women utterly take for granted or feel entitled too. But we too would like to experience that once in awhile but I think it will only ever be a male fantasy. The closest a man can come to that is the Philippines. Because of their culture women approaching men is a much common thing. And I am not talking about prostitution.

Wrong. I have had it happen twice and I am no where near rock star status. Just an average looking dude. Have spent a lot of time working on my conversation skills which happen to be my strength.

These ladies have no problem being straightforward with a guy they are truly interested in. You just have to have your eyes open to their signals.

Women do the choosing in the beginning. Once they have done the choosing the man dictates what happens next.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I have never been approached by a woman who started to flirt with me, bought me a drink, talked for awhile, asked me back to her place and I decided if we where going to have sex, we had sex and it may or may not have led to a relationship. And that will never happen to me and I don't think that scenario has ever happened to any man in the history of the world with the exception of a rock star or actor.

Well, I wasn't bought a drink, but otherwise this has happened and I'm average or below average looking. It's been a few years though.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 AM

838 posts, read 1,120,197 times
Quote:
I have never been approached by a woman who started to flirt with me, bought me a drink, talked for awhile, asked me back to her place and I decided if we where going to have sex, we had sex and it may or may not have led to a relationship. And that will never happen to me and I don't think that scenario has ever happened to any man in the history of the world with the exception of a rock star or actor. I would give anything to experience that and have that feeling of being sexually wanted without going through a million hoops and dealbreakers. Being approached and having the man do all the work and you get to decide when and if there will be sex or a relationship is something women utterly take for granted or feel entitled too. But we too would like to experience that once in awhile but I think it will only ever be a male fantasy. The closest a man can come to that is the Philippines. Because of their culture women approaching men is a much common thing. And I am not talking about prostitution.

Wow!

Maybe times have changed since I was dating a lot. But, I still believe that a lot of women want relationships and men want sex.

So, how does a woman get a relationship? If she f's you the first time she meets you, she may never see you again. If she makes you "jump through hoops", then her chances may go up because the guy might actually begin to like her for a human being and not just a quick !uck.

If you only want sex, go !uck a prostitute!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:07 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Wow!

Maybe times have changed since I was dating a lot. But, I still believe that a lot of women want relationships and men want sex.

So, how does a woman get a relationship? If she f's you the first time she meets you, she may never see you again. If she makes you "jump through hoops", then her chances may go up because the guy might actually begin to like her for a human being and not just a quick !uck.

Most women I know want sex equally if not more than the average man does.

They may want the relationship eventually, but most are 100% down for sex in the beginning.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Most women I know want sex equally if not more than the average man does.

They may want the relationship eventually, but most are 100% down for sex in the beginning.

1000% agree. I've not seen, in adulthood, that men want sex more or earlier than women. At all.

A women "gets" (I assume you mean "enters into") a relationship the same way a man does. By meeting someone they click with, that feels the same way about them, and they choose to have a relationship with each other. Simple.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 AM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
Nothing else needs to be said after this women want to know why not many men approach look no further.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Wow!

Making a man who has a tough time with relationships and women jump through hoops is sure to get you nothing.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:45 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post
The dating scene is a nightmare for men in the United States, and it's actually quite similar to that of China because single men outnumber single women by a lot; I'm 23 and never even went on a date, and I have a feeling that no matter how hard I try, I'll be single my entire life (and friendless because people in America usually put their friends last, not to mention some making friends unimportant) because single women are scarce, even in colleges where women outnumber men (a lot of them are dating non-students, especially men in their 30s and 40s). Hence, the dating scenes of China and America are alike because of the growing problem of too many men; the only difference is the US doesn't have a one-child policy and doesn't abort baby girls.

Also women are super picky, both here in the States and China, thanks in part to the skewed sex ratio.

And in the US, the saying "nice guys finish last" does in fact apply.

So I've come to conclusion that unless I move abroad, I will never find a girlfriend.
All in one paragraph, all I see are excuses and self-fulfilling prophecies.

You may want to get in the habit of perhaps taking care of yourself by eating right, feeling physically better about yourself, keeping your mind learning and busy with new interests and ideas.

Because at this rate, you may as well give up. Those are your two options.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:13 AM

75 posts, read 152,851 times
The thing that makes me depressed is that the 8s and 9s such as the gorgeous blondes are usually taken, and I don't want a girl that's a 1, 2, or 3.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post
The thing that makes me depressed is that the 8s and 9s such as the gorgeous blondes are usually taken, and I don't want a girl that's a 1, 2, or 3.
Ah poor thing. Just move abroad and enjoy the broads. As you have explained it's such an easy fix for you, you'll be knee-deep in women once you leave the US!

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships