Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 04:51 PM

495 posts, read 684,658 times

Advertisements

Understanding the Filipino Culture | Diversify ISS

To the lady who said the Filipino culture is not matriarchal read this article under the Filipino blood. The culture is probably both but that fosters an atmosphere where they are not suck on rigid gender roles when it comes to approaching and dating like most of the rest of the world. I'm not saying all Filipino women act like men, but more of them approach and go after what they want than in other countries.

And yes I know males approach and chase and women accept and decide is rooted in our biology but so is male violence and promiscuity. Just because something is rooted in our biology dose not mean we have to accept it into the culture as unchangeable.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:14 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Due to the economy of the last 20 or so years, more and more children are not leaving the nest. Therefore, more an more single family homes are becoming extended family homes.

If you are Chinese, and only open to marrying a Chinese woman, then I guess because of the traditional need to have a male first and foremost, there truely are not all that many females, and they may just come at a premium due to their relative rarity.

Are you open to dating outside your race?

Ive seen more than one interview video where a Chinese female outside of China, when asked what race she prefers to date answered - "any but my own."

This totally blew my mind, but maybe those women have a good reason to feel that way. I know a Chinese woman for more than 20 years, she is a neighbor. She hasnt dated a Chinese man since she was very young. What is it about the culture that makes Chinese women reject their own race (for those that do)?

Old 04-12-2014, 05:23 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Its odd. American men are typically the most sought after men in the world, and so many of them cannot even attract their own American women. The irony of it all is just weird.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post

And in the US, the saying "nice guys finish last" does in fact apply.

So I've come to conclusion that unless I move abroad, I will never find a girlfriend.
well, if you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to be afraid of.

If I were you, I'd ask every attractive girls out, what is the big deal if they say no. Not like you will ever talk to them again.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:39 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I'm sick, and my brain is playing tricks on me......

Unless I move abroad I'll never find a girlfriend.

Unless I move a broad, I'll never find a girlfriend.

I need to go check if I'm feverish.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2014, 01:53 PM

75 posts, read 152,851 times
Just found out in El Paso there's a SHORTAGE of single girls.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:59 PM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ah poor thing. Just move abroad and enjoy the broads. As you have explained it's such an easy fix for you, you'll be knee-deep in women once you leave the US!

Wow insults from the moderator your nice.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 AM

306 posts, read 299,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm sick, and my brain is playing tricks on me......

Unless I move abroad I'll never find a girlfriend.

Unless I move a broad, I'll never find a girlfriend.

I need to go check if I'm feverish.....
Having a girlfriend is one thing a quality girlfriend is something america lacks.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:05 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Having a girlfriend is one thing a quality girlfriend is something america lacks.
hahaha, wow! In ALL of America, there's not ONE quality girlfriend!

Unbelievable.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:42 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
I wouldnt be so concerned with comparing dating styles of us vs china. I would be more concerned with whats going to happen in china in about ten to twenty years when the population reaches approximately 30 million more men than women? What do you think is going to happen and what may happen to us? Scary notion huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships