Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 01:45 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,748,508 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you guys but i cried when i learned what was going on in china to girls. Its really sad. There are plenty chinese little girl orphans that could use a family for anyone who can't have kids. The life of these little girls is terrible and im not lying.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post
The dating scene is a nightmare for men in the United States, and it's actually quite similar to that of China because single men outnumber single women by a lot; I'm 23 and never even went on a date, and I have a feeling that no matter how hard I try, I'll be single my entire life (and friendless because people in America usually put their friends last, not to mention some making friends unimportant) because single women are scarce, even in colleges where women outnumber men (a lot of them are dating non-students, especially men in their 30s and 40s). Hence, the dating scenes of China and America are alike because of the growing problem of too many men; the only difference is the US doesn't have a one-child policy and doesn't abort baby girls.

Also women are super picky, both here in the States and China, thanks in part to the skewed sex ratio.

And in the US, the saying "nice guys finish last" does in fact apply.

So I've come to conclusion that unless I move abroad, I will never find a girlfriend.
I don't really think it's similar.

I'm not Chinese, but I'm from a culture that values similar things.

Asian women would prefer things like education and money.

American women place higher value on men who are exciting and get their engines running, in whatever way, and are 'their type'.

Both would value looks a lot, but Asian would I'd say would be more willing to put that aside if the guy was 'good on paper'.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:38 AM

854 posts, read 1,481,474 times
I've come to just accept I'll be single. I have good friendships with a few women and honestly in some ways friendships are better than relationships.

If something does happen great but I no longer feel anxiety or expect it. The reality is I'm overweight and still haven't found a job and other than affection and listening to their problems I have nothing to offer a woman right now.

Last edited by spicymeatball; 04-07-2014 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I don't really think it's similar.

I'm not Chinese, but I'm from a culture that values similar things.

Asian women would prefer things like education and money.

American women place higher value on men who are exciting and get their engines running, in whatever way, and are 'their type'.

Both would value looks a lot, but Asian would I'd say would be more willing to put that aside if the guy was 'good on paper'.
In America women have the upper hand in dating realm but men hold the cards to marriage. In this country its messed up for both men and women I'd say. The op should move around more. Asian women and other Eastern type of people empathy, emotions and bliss are not so important to them in the longrun compared to American women, especially independent types who works minmum wage, but still prefers to date a good looking guy that is broke over an average guy who makes good money.

I'm not so fimilar with Chinese culture but I know Chinese culture has plenty of similarities with other Eastern cultures like valuing education and family. I have a Chinese friend and the Americanized Chinese women are not into him and prefer white men, but the culturally Chinese women prefer him because he is smart with money. As for China and its population dating skewed? Chinese men are heading over to Russia to find love and Russian women find Chinese men more attentive. Since Russia has more women than men and China has more men than women it seems to be a perfect combination for both countries.

As for American dating skews it depends on what region you live, income strata, culture, education etc. What I realized is that as an American guy, a man must stand out to get a woman, if you don't stand out to much than basically you are average and women in general do not want an average man unless she is willing to settle down. Some places of this country dating is horrible San Francisco has more men than women, while in NYC their are more women than men, however women in NYC can still get their pick of men to be with even though men are in short supply leaving plenty of available men lonely while the top guys in looks, money or bad boy types clean up.

If I was you the op, I suggest that you move to the South or the Southwest and try to go for laidback women, also visit midsized cities which have great nightlife, things to do and on the cheap.

Why Are Siberian Russians Drawn to China?

Old 04-07-2014, 05:31 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
You have obviously have never been to Philippines and Thailand. I know some men who have struggled to get a girlfriend in America, but when they traveled to one of those countries they did quite well with the ladies.
Are you sure they weren't ladyboys?

Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
I've come to just accept I'll be single. I have good friendships with a few women and honestly in some ways friendships are better than relationships.

If something does happen great but I no longer feel anxiety or expect it. The reality is I'm overweight and still haven't found a job and other than affection and listening to their problems I have nothing to offer a woman right now.
That's not true, but I am not going to patronize you.... being overweight is a strike against you with some girls (not all) and not having a job should make finding a girlfriend a second priority.

There's no way to explain this properly without writing an entire essay, but nice guys do not always finish last. Doormats do, however.... and it is important to understand that many women make very clear, concise distinctions between doormats and 'nice guys'. The most brief statment I can make on the difference is that if you are trying to court a woman then you should not bend over completely backwards to accomodate her and that you should temper your overtures with some earnest self interest.

There is no magic recipe. Also make sure to put yourself in environments and situations where you come into regular contact with single, eligible females (athletic league or yoga or a class of some kind). Taking dance classes won't magically get you a date, but only coming into contact with 1 or 2 single females every few months will certainly prevent you from having almost any.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 AM

318 posts, read 638,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Are you sure they weren't ladyboys?
Nope they were real women. Women in Philippines and Thailand on average are a lot friendlier and more approachable than American women.

Brasilian women on average are also friendlier and more approachable than American women, if you have some grasp of their language. American women on average are at the bottom of the barrel in friendliness. Most American women are ice queens.

In these countries I mentioned I feel like I am freaking Ryan Gosling, they boost my ego. I love how many of these Thai, Brazilian, and Filipina women even say I am handsome. I have never gotten a compliment like that from an American woman.

Last edited by Alexander Rusev; 04-07-2014 at 06:29 AM..

Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
You have obviously have never been to Philippines and Thailand. I know some men who have struggled to get a girlfriend in America, but when they traveled to one of those countries they did quite well with the ladies.
That's because those guys are just buying their women. Honestly, I don't care if people get prostitutes, to me it's all the same.. however for someone to actually brag and say they do well with the ladies because they bought some women is flat out pathetic.

Also, when I said all women are the same, I was referring to quality women. Most guys from first world countries could go to poor countries and wave some money around and get laid if they wanna buy food for the woman's family for a whlie.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
China skewed ratio is a problem among farmers, not people in the cities where people are not performing those sex selective abortions. China is not particular hard. Don't be extremely poor or a social retard and you should be fine.

In fact I find America harder because so few women are looking for a serious relationship in their 20s.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post
The dating scene is a nightmare for men in the United States, and it's actually quite similar to that of China because single men outnumber single women by a lot; I'm 23 and never even went on a date, and I have a feeling that no matter how hard I try, I'll be single my entire life (and friendless because people in America usually put their friends last, not to mention some making friends unimportant) because single women are scarce, even in colleges where women outnumber men (a lot of them are dating non-students, especially men in their 30s and 40s). Hence, the dating scenes of China and America are alike because of the growing problem of too many men; the only difference is the US doesn't have a one-child policy and doesn't abort baby girls.

Also women are super picky, both here in the States and China, thanks in part to the skewed sex ratio.

And in the US, the saying "nice guys finish last" does in fact apply.

So I've come to conclusion that unless I move abroad, I will never find a girlfriend.
So, your personal inability to find a girlfriend proves that men in general in the US are as bad off as men in China? This is not a logical argument. It is just whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.