Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:06 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kch84 View Post
Are guys intimidated by girls that have it together and maybe achieve more?
nah.

men are turned off by women who are too similar to men, though.

Quote:
I ask because when I talk to guys, the question
Where I live/do comes up. Why is that ?
maybe they're trying to make conversation. i like to know where people live, or what they do.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've dated a doctor, but I do admit I probably wouldn't put too much effort into dating some lady who is a CEO or CFO of some company and making over 100-150k a year. Not really that I'm intimidated, but at the same time I kind of realize where I stand lol.

Then again, I'm 26 and I don't know a single 26 year old girl making 150k

I don't know a single 26 year old girl.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Asking where someone lives is a standard query when getting to know a potential romantic interest.

As a woman with a certain degree of professional success who gravitates toward blue-collar guys for various reasons (cultural background, need for balance, etc.), I've found that yes, my paycheck and career success CAN get in the way, but that it serves to weed out the insecure men. And if they're looking for a sugar mama, they run right past me because I live a pretty simple lifestyle, with most of my money going into my house---and let's face it, my paycheck isn't THAT big.

But I am very good at what I do. I tend to attract men who are also very good at whatever their occupation is, whether it is being an executive or being a mechanic or being a sniper. That seems to be a recurring theme with the men I date. They're not necessarily ambitious or career-focused (ok, the executive totally was), but they are competent, and they respect that I am the same.

If you're running around blabbing about how much money you're making or how you're on the executive track or whatever, yeah guys are going to run, probably. But mostly because that's annoying, not because it's intimidating. So be sure of your own behavior before you go thinking guys are intimidated by you - a point I raise because you seem to have strange expectations with regard to conversation. And if they ARE intimidated, meh, no biggie. That's not someone you want to bother with.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Most of the younger men here have posted in other threads that they are intimidated by this stuff. They just don't use the word 'intimidated'. But they describe the feeling, and say that they would never marry a woman who made more money than they did, or had more career status, because they wouldn't feel manly.

Of course you may not want a guy whose sense of masculinity is so fragile, anyway :/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

But I am very good at what I do. I tend to attract men who are also very good at whatever their occupation is, whether it is being an executive or being a mechanic or being a sniper. That seems to be a recurring theme with the men I date. They're not necessarily ambitious or career-focused (ok, the executive totally was), but they are competent, and they respect that I am the same.
Yes!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Are guys intimidated by girls that have it together and maybe achieve more? I ask because when I talk to guys, the question
Where I live/do comes up. Why is that ? I don't judge where he lives,
Ummm... That's not a sign of intimidation. If anything, they are probably just making conversation. Granted the where you live question could be a little forward if he has just met you, but that does not mean that he is wondering if you are more of an achiever than he is.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:48 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
No, I'm taken.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Are guys intimidated by girls that have it together and maybe achieve more? I ask because when I talk to guys, the question
Where I live/do comes up. Why is that ? I don't judge where he lives,
doesn't matter to me really, what really matters is if it matters to her whether I have my life together yet or not

Old 04-07-2014, 10:56 AM

658 posts, read 847,757 times
Op, I am noticing more men asking women what they actually do for a living, too, right off the bat.

And where they live, too.

Now, let you ask them the same questions off the bat, you are automatically labeled as a gold digger, lol.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Don't get me wrong if a woman makes more than money, I'm not looking for a sugar momma, I'll still pay on the dates, its just whether she makes more money than me or not is not a deal breaker for me, probably because I'm not looking to get married or settle down yet

Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Don't get me wrong if a woman makes more than money, I'm not looking for a sugar momma, I'll still pay on the dates, its just whether she makes more money than me or not is not a deal breaker for me, probably because I'm not looking to get married or settle down yet

See what I mean? He implies he would not marry a woman who made more than he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships