Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 730 times

Advertisements

I am dating a widower. We started dating 3 months after her passing. That is just the beginning...I have been married for 30 years, in a bad-unhealthy marriage with 4 now grown children. My BF, the widower and I met 6 weeks after I got married...he was my husbands best friend. There was an instant attraction when we first met. It was a night that my now soon-to-be-ex invited my now BF over for a nice dinner. That is when the attraction began and over the years it became a wonderful friendship.

In my 16th year of marriage my husband left-he moved out of our home and lived with a friend of the family. He was not coming back. I was alone for the first time in 16 years with 4 school aged children. I was devastated that my husband left. I made a phone call to "D" my now BF and we started dating way back then almost 15 years ago...it was serious. He knew my kids, knew me through all my pregnancies and knew that the marriage was not healthy. He felt at that time he was betraying his friend-my EX .But we loved each other immensely and continued the "affair" for 5 months. Then I got very sick and..make a long story short my husband came back home. We mended our problems and life went on. D was devastated. I was hurting. But I was going to fix my marriage and D was now out of the picture. The last phone call I got from D was "he was seeing a woman. He didn't really care for her but she offered him a commitment...he was hoping that I would tell him not to see her and not move on that I would be with him but it did not happen. D married the woman.

They were together for 9 years and she died Dec. 2013. I went to the funeral with my brothers and sister in law as D's family and my husbands family were always close. My husband was supposed to go but did not. At the funeral I paid my respects to this woman I never knew. And I saw D. Standing there, distraught in disbelief that she was gone. We, D and I had about 5 mins alone outside to talk. I hugged him and he cried, then I cried too. I felt his loss. He said that he wanted to talk to me once he was done grieving. That he never stopped loving me. I have always, since the day I met D, loved him, thought about him and wondered if he thought about me. I know now he always has

. I started talking to D on the phone. It was always about his wife and his life etc...for 3 months. One afternoon he called and asked if I wanted to go out for a coffee and talk face to face. I did. We met at Dunkin Donuts. I got in his car and we drove for hours, sipping coffee and talking. We parked in a Walmart parking lot and talked for hours. Nothing happened. I was glad to see he was doing better. I arrived home at 4:30 the next morning and my soon to be EX was up waiting. It was awful. My husband and I had decided we were divorcing a year before all this happened so I didn't feel bad. I was happy actually. I made D feel good about his self and helped his grieving so I felt accomplished. D and I continued to talk on the phone daily. It has bloomed into a love affair. My husband has left FINALLY and I am alone. My divorce will be final next month and I couldn't be happier. Everyone that knows me sees it. It's the smile, the de-stressed look gone from my face. D stays at my house on the weekends and is re-acquainting himself with my now grown children who are 34, 29,28 &27. My children are happy for us. My parents are happy for us. When I stay at his house it is not so nice....the deceased wife's pictures everywhere, just everything of hers everywhere. I know it was her home and I know that he cared for her, it makes me uncomfortable but I deal with it. I have met the sister in law and she was nice, the step daughter has called me a home-wrecker and a replacement and I have not met her.

I don't know what the future hold for us, but, I do love him and he does love me. It is a 30 year love affair. And we both now have no reason not to pursue our lives together, He is gentle, kind, thoughtful and loving. I am trying to be understanding of the need for him to spend so much time with his DW's family. It is hard. They all know that D has a GF and that he is in love...he tells everyone! and I mean everyone...D told me last week that he is not going to lose me again that we now have the chance for us both to be happy and he will do whatever it takes. I believe him. I know that he is grieving but it is getting to be less and less talk of her. I have been there for him and will continue to be as I know in my heart that he is the love of a lifetime, my true love. He sings to me. He dances with me. I want him to be happy for we only live once and I know he knows that I will always be there for him. I let him go 16 years ago and stayed in a lousy marriage, I am at a place where we can finally be. We will get over the in law and family issues and I know we will be happy and in love for the rest of our lives.
Dawn M. Smith
Massachusetts

Last edited by Mikala43; 04-07-2014 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Added paragraphs

Old 04-07-2014, 02:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Good god, nothing worse than text walls. But yeah, cool story. Always love those first time posters with long ass controversial stories to tell. Seems to be a theme lately.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
And they live happily ever after

Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Nothing like coming in with such a story and telling it. Feel better?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalangelle View Post
I am dating a widower. We started dating 3 months after her passing. That is just the beginning...I have been married for 30 years, in a bad-unhealthy marriage with 4 now grown children. My BF, the widower and I met 6 weeks after I got married...he was my husbands best friend. There was an instant attraction when we first met. It was a night that my now soon-to-be-ex invited my now BF over for a nice dinner. That is when the attraction began and over the years it became a wonderful friendship. In my 16th year of marriage my husband left-he moved out of our home and lived with a friend of the family. He was not coming back. I was alone for the first time in 16 years with 4 school aged children. I was devastated that my husband left. I made a phone call to "D" my now BF and we started dating way back then almost 15 years ago...it was serious. He knew my kids, knew me through all my pregnancies and knew that the marriage was not healthy. He felt at that time he was betraying his friend-my EX .But we loved each other immensely and continued the "affair" for 5 months. Then I got very sick and..make a long story short my husband came back home. We mended our problems and life went on. D was devastated. I was hurting. But I was going to fix my marriage and D was now out of the picture. The last phone call I got from D was "he was seeing a woman. He didn't really care for her but she offered him a commitment...he was hoping that I would tell him not to see her and not move on that I would be with him but it did not happen. D married the woman. They were together for 9 years and she died Dec. 2013. I went to the funeral with my brothers and sister in law as D's family and my husbands family were always close. My husband was supposed to go but did not. At the funeral I paid my respects to this woman I never knew. And I saw D. Standing there, distraught in disbelief that she was gone. We, D and I had about 5 mins alone outside to talk. I hugged him and he cried, then I cried too. I felt his loss. He said that he wanted to talk to me once he was done grieving. That he never stopped loving me. I have always, since the day I met D, loved him, thought about him and wondered if he thought about me. I know now he always has. I started talking to D on the phone. It was always about his wife and his life etc...for 3 months. One afternoon he called and asked if I wanted to go out for a coffee and talk face to face. I did. We met at Dunkin Donuts. I got in his car and we drove for hours, sipping coffee and talking. We parked in a Walmart parking lot and talked for hours. Nothing happened. I was glad to see he was doing better. I arrived home at 4:30 the next morning and my soon to be EX was up waiting. It was awful. My husband and I had decided we were divorcing a year before all this happened so I didn't feel bad. I was happy actually. I made D feel good about his self and helped his grieving so I felt accomplished. D and I continued to talk on the phone daily. It has bloomed into a love affair. My husband has left FINALLY and I am alone. My divorce will be final next month and I couldn't be happier. Everyone that knows me sees it. It's the smile, the de-stressed look gone from my face. D stays at my house on the weekends and is re-acquainting himself with my now grown children who are 34, 29,28 &27. My children are happy for us. My parents are happy for us. When I stay at his house it is not so nice....the deceased wife's pictures everywhere, just everything of hers everywhere. I know it was her home and I know that he cared for her, it makes me uncomfortable but I deal with it. I have met the sister in law and she was nice, the step daughter has called me a home-wrecker and a replacement and I have not met her. I don't know what the future hold for us, but, I do love him and he does love me. It is a 30 year love affair. And we both now have no reason not to pursue our lives together, He is gentle, kind, thoughtful and loving. I am trying to be understanding of the need for him to spend so much time with his DW's family. It is hard. They all know that D has a GF and that he is in love...he tells everyone! and I mean everyone...D told me last week that he is not going to lose me again that we now have the chance for us both to be happy and he will do whatever it takes. I believe him. I know that he is grieving but it is getting to be less and less talk of her. I have been there for him and will continue to be as I know in my heart that he is the love of a lifetime, my true love. He sings to me. He dances with me. I want him to be happy for we only live once and I know he knows that I will always be there for him. I let him go 16 years ago and stayed in a lousy marriage, I am at a place where we can finally be. We will get over the in law and family issues and I know we will be happy and in love for the rest of our lives.
Dawn M. Smith
Massachusetts
I don't know which is more screwed up, the story or this big wall of text. I must treat my headache.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM

31,045 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Great story. sounds like it should have happened 16 years sooner though.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I don't know which is more screwed up, the story or this big wall of text. I must treat my headache.
You should have known better than to tackle that mess.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
This is my way of giving back to the CD-Rel community... if I can save just one eyesight, it would've been worth it. Here's the Cliff Notes version:

- OP met the love of her life (tlohl) after she got married
- tlohl is her husband's best friend
- OP had a topsy-turvy marriage
- tlohl got married but his wife died
- OP divorces husband
- OP and tlohl are reunited

Please leave a tip in the jar -- just the tip please.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
This is my way of giving back to the CD-Rel community... if I can save just one eyesight, it would've been worth it. Here's the Cliff Notes version:

- OP met the love of her life (tlohl) after she got married
- tlohl is her husband's best friend
- OP had a topsy-turvy marriage
- tlohl got married but his wife died
- OP divorces husband
- OP and tlohl are reunited

Please leave a tip in the jar -- just the tip please.
Ok, but I like giving BIG tips, especially for a good service like you just provided.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
There's really no questions or point here. A blog would be more appropriate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships