Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To all the women, what do you think of womanizers and playboys?
I find them incredibly attractive 5 14.29%
They disgust me 22 62.86%
Nothing much, boys will be boys 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 12:35 PM

408 posts, read 722,389 times

Advertisements

It's interesting that you always hear women say that they don't like players and yet when a man who is a player walks into the room women are clearly drawn to him. At least from what I've seen women do tend to think that men who have been around are "real" men while men who haven't are so much. So I figured I'd make a poll about it. What do you ladies think of playboys and womanizers? Does it matter what age he is? Is there a certain age at which a man should stop being a ladies man and be in a relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
When a womanizer or "player" walks into a room, women aren't attracted to him because he's a player. They don't even know him. However, if they do go out with him and realize it.. they'll most likely dump him.

I don't understand how this is even a question or how you find this worth of discussion.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:53 PM

408 posts, read 722,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When a womanizer or "player" walks into a room, women aren't attracted to him because he's a player. They don't even know him. However, if they do go out with him and realize it.. they'll most likely dump him.

I don't understand how this is even a question or how you find this worth of discussion.
I'm surprised you don't think it should be a topic for discussion.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:57 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Players become (or remain) players precisely because a lot of women either can't tell, or don't care. Burgler's right about women not being attracted to a player by nature of them being one, but that doesn't mean they're not attracted at all.

It often won't last long...either the player hits it and quits it or the woman comes to her senses (assuming that's not all she wanted as well), but you won't get very many people being honest with themselves about the initial attraction.

By that, I mean, you're not going to find many women coming in here and saying "yes, I'm attracted to players". You're going to see an overwhelming majority in the middle category, followed by the third category.

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Unfortunately, most women prefer the womanizer, aka alpha male.

Ironically, they claim to want someone who wants more than sex, will listen to their problems, go shopping with them, watch girly movies with them, etc., but that is a different person than the alpha male.

And ultimately, most prefer to be with the alpha male. They say the alpha male is "confident", that is to say, he dominates them, and since they want to be submissive, they go with him.

The weird part is that even many of the tough girls, the kind I am most attracted to, will go with alpha males. You would think a tough girl would want the beta male, since she already has dominance in her life. Weird.

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Well i think most smart woman do not go after players once they been hurt by one . It is only the stupid young woman (18-25) that keep on getting played and played .

I in someway wish i was a player type playing woman better then Tiger Woods plays golf (in his prime).

Old 04-06-2014, 12:59 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
The weird part is that even many of the tough girls, the kind I am most attracted to, will go with alpha males. You would think a tough girl would want the beta male, since she already has dominance in her life. Weird.
I hate using alpha/beta type terminology, but you shouldn't be surprised by this quote. A lot of people (men and women) want something outside of their every day life.

High-powered executive types are VERY common clientele for dominatrices. These are men who control the lives and finances of thousands or more, but then turn around and PAY to be subjected to humiliation and loss of control that they don't get in their every day lives. People that know more about psychology than I do would explain it as needing a sort of "balance" (or something, I'm not an expert).

Old 04-06-2014, 01:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Unfortunately, most women prefer the womanizer, aka alpha male.

Ironically, they claim to want someone who wants more than sex, will listen to their problems, go shopping with them, watch girly movies with them, etc., but that is a different person than the alpha male.

And ultimately, most prefer to be with the alpha male. They say the alpha male is "confident", that is to say, he dominates them, and since they want to be submissive, they go with him.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/in...1_82817367.jpg

This will become clear once the women folk get on here. lol

Old 04-06-2014, 01:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
They'd probably date the womanizer, probably even sleep with him. What happens afterwards won't be what they were looking for, but hey, he knew what he was doing!

Old 04-06-2014, 01:12 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships