Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 AM

864 posts, read 1,451,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailoretta View Post
How old are you?

Sorry, I don`t really think he`s interested in you. When a guy is interested in a girl he shows her. He texts her. He calls her. He doesn`t wait for her making the first step. He said he might be interested in you, but he didn`t really say that to your face, he also didn`t ask you for a date. I think he`s just using you as a backup plan.

My recommendation: Stop contacting him. If he likes you HE will get back to you. If not, not.
My sentiments exactly. My very first thought was indeed " how old are you?". You are coming across as obsessive and needy, or perhaps it's just immaturity. For the record I'm a 21 year old college senior and I'd never act the way you are. It doesn't sound right...calm down, and quit obsessing over someone you barely know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM

537 posts, read 766,470 times
This is 2014. Everyone, for the most part, sends text messages. It doesn't take long to send, receive, or respond to one. It's quite easy to text someone without disrupting anyone around you. There are exceptions. I know someone who is a doctor in a prison. He's not replying to texts and phone calls because he's not allowed to take his phone in the prison.

I think someone responding to your text within a couple of hours is quite good. 20 minutes is excellent in my mind. But if you're the one initiating, that's a problem. And not one phone call? That's not good, either.

If I am initiating anything constantly with a guy.....if he rarely/never initiates? I take it as the guy not being that interested in me. If he takes more than a day to respond to a text, he is not interested but he's keeping you in his back pocket in case nothing better comes along.

This foolishness seems to transcend age since immaturity is not age-limited. This is literally happening to me right now, and I'm in my very early 30s....the guy is in his mid-30s. Yes, we are "too grown" to be doing this. Yes, it's annoying. That's what I get for dating cute, socially awkward-but-manipulative STEM dorks.

Just delete his contact info and move on. If he wants to date you, he will come find you, believe me. By then, you will likely not even be concerned with him, what he's up to, or if he's waiting for your texts.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
It seems to me, you are kind of being a little too aggressive.

I can tell you like this guy, but you can't really tell he is interested through text. If I was in that position, I would just pull back and if he likes me, he will get back to me. If a guy was really that interested, he would text, call, check on you, and all that. From what I can see, I feel like is not really that interested. I would feel like I was annoying him at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships