Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times

Advertisements

I see a ton of hot people when I go to the bathroom at work every day. I wonder if I can take any of the creative suggestions made in this thread, on how to approach them best, while they're taking care of business.

Oh wait, they're there to use the bathroom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
I think your comments apply to all environments of dating, no? Start out something simple and casual - escalate if you feel chemistry/attraction. The headphones is the big thing that makes it tough for me though in this case. I hate to make someone feel uncomfortable

It's a catch 22 though. You don't want to make them feel comfortable but then again, it's very hard to find women like that (IE share the same lifestyle) outside of the gym
That's why I'm trying to point out to you that asking to work in a couple of sets was the perfect opportunity to say something else as well. I'm not talking about saying something like, "Do you mind if I work in a couple of sets - you have a nice ass." I mean like saying something when you are trading off, "I dig this song." Or "I'm sooo tired but I'm making myself do this!" Now - those were just 2 things that I came up with off the top of my head - please don't think I'm telling you that those are great things to say and that you should use them. I'm just trying to give you an example of the simple, mundane type of things I'm suggesting as a way to see if she is open to a bit more conversation. This way, you haven't made her feel uncomfortable, you haven't interrupted her work out, and you haven't "hit" on her. But, if she's nice and friendly - it might lead to a longer conversation the next time you see her. Which might lead to something further on down the line.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM

135 posts, read 150,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I see a ton of hot people when I go to the bathroom at work every day. I wonder if I can take any of the creative suggestions made in this thread, on how to approach them best, while they're taking care of business.

Oh wait, they're there to use the bathroom.

I don't think that's a valid analogy cause it's only members of your own sex going to the same bathroom

Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
"Your glutes are amazing. I'd like to plank with you some time."
Pull a hammie?

Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
I always see these beautiful women at my gym who are working out in the weights area/machine area (generally with headphones on). Is it even worth the effort to approach them or is it nearly impossible to succeed in that setting? How do you get around the headphones issue??

I ask this because I've been working out seriously with weights since I was 14 so I would absolutely love to meet a fitness girl but they are hard to find outside of the gym
If you want to talk to them, then do so. When I go to the gym, I go there to workout only.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Quote:
I don't think that's a valid analogy cause it's only members of your own sex going to the same bathroom
I'll forgive you, for all of the same-sex equal-opportunity gym stalkers out there that you just blithely insulted, without even probably realizing it.

But getting back on topic: going to the gym for me is sacred. It's me time. It's working on me, bettering me, challenging me, dripping with sweat me, exhausting me, and rewarding me. The "one" thing that is going to completely kill that me time, would be some little guy off to the side, trying desperately to catch my eye and get my attention so he can try a smile or a line on me, during my me time, while trying to keep up with me. I'd find another gym, where I can keep to myself, while I'm working on myself. Where people can appreciate when not to cross the line of common courtesy.

Disclaimer: This is not everyone's opinion. This is mine.

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
If you want to meet athletic women in a social environment, why don't you join a running club or a boot camp or something like that that is more oriented to a group dynamic?

[OP's excuse to follow]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's why I'm trying to point out to you that asking to work in a couple of sets was the perfect opportunity to say something else as well. I'm not talking about saying something like, "Do you mind if I work in a couple of sets - you have a nice ass." I mean like saying something when you are trading off, "I dig this song." Or "I'm sooo tired but I'm making myself do this!" Now - those were just 2 things that I came up with off the top of my head - please don't think I'm telling you that those are great things to say and that you should use them. I'm just trying to give you an example of the simple, mundane type of things I'm suggesting as a way to see if she is open to a bit more conversation. This way, you haven't made her feel uncomfortable, you haven't interrupted her work out, and you haven't "hit" on her. But, if she's nice and friendly - it might lead to a longer conversation the next time you see her. Which might lead to something further on down the line.

You don't think it's a good idea to try to create something on the spot if you feel good enough chemistry?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:12 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The thing is, just because you think a girl is "hot" doesn't mean she does. Lots of attractive women are very insecure about their own looks and don't think they're all that attractive.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you want to meet athletic women in a social environment, why don't you join a running club or a boot camp or something like that that is more oriented to a group dynamic?

[OP's excuse to follow]

What I am really attracted to is female bodybuilders who are feminine/natural/pretty (if it's hard to imagine, look up Jaime Koeppe or Juliana Salimeni). I don't know if I would be any more attracted to the types who would be in a running club or boot camp than the regular women I see at a bar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships