Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Actually "a lot" of them can do better. Many just don't try or have the courage to approach or date prettier ladies.
But for the men who do prefer bigger women, don't they think that they are doing better and getting the prettier ladies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 08:10 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Not really. Maybe when I was 18.

I have been with women of all shapes and sizes. Women of a particular body type don't have a monopoly on beauty.

My wife is fairly thin, and tall, but before her I dated short, tall, skinny, curvy, chubby, etc. Their physical appearence was never the reason the relationship ended, and I found them all physically attractive, in different ways.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce the moose View Post
I would probably go home and laugh my ass off. But if he is happy fine by me.
After you bang your stepmom right?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:01 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I do not know why one would judge a friend for being with someone they are attracted to and love.

Then again, I also do not understand those guys who think body size and dimensions are everything to attraction and relationships and rate them above all else.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:59 AM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But for the men who do prefer bigger women, don't they think that they are doing better and getting the prettier ladies?
Their individual perception is all that really matters. I know my personal banker personifies this reaction in men. She probably outweighs me by 20lbs and she has attractive men lined up for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I do not know why one would judge a friend for being with someone they are attracted to and love.

Then again, I also do not understand those guys who think body size and dimensions are everything to attraction and relationships and rate them above all else.
"I do not know why one would judge a friend for being with someone they are attracted to and love."
This is a very superficial reaction and based on the assumption we are all attracted to the same thing.

"Then again, I also do not understand those guys who think body size and dimensions are everything to attraction and relationships and rate them above all else"
Well, we all discrminate on some physical features- Height, color, nose, Ears, proportion, so body size and dimension are really not a stretch and really no better or worse than the rest. My favorite on CDF is when people declare they don't discriminate on XYZ and then say they prefer ZYX.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-14-2014 at 10:08 AM..

Old 04-15-2014, 02:31 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
Men, do you judge your male friends for having or being interested in larger women?
I can not think of any reason why I would. I would hope people choose their partners based on what is attractive to them themselves - not what they think is attractive to everyone else. I am happy for anyone who finds partners that fulfil them sexually - regardless of whether said partners would be fulfilling for me. After all - it is not me that has to be with them. What basis have I to judge - let alone what motivation?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 AM

94 posts, read 220,211 times
In my college years, I had one friend who prefered larger women. He was constantly made fun of by others in our circle and myself. Now that I'm in my 30's, I have matured and can appreciate the beauty in all women. I also find some larger women attractive now. I doubt my tastes have changed. I was probably just ignoring any woman with any extra weight, because that was the norm.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
**Please note, that I a not fat and this doesn't reflect on my own physical appearance, so shuddup**

This occurred to me that plenty of guys DO like fat chicks, but some are afraid because of what their friends will think. We have men in our world who secretly desire delectable double chins, and a mouthful of muffin top--Sadly, they are paired with smaller women to save face.

So my question is not for the guys that desire larger women, but or the FRIENDS of the guys who long for such women.

It's usually young, dumb, and shallow guys that rip on their friends for having an OPEN relationship with a bigger girl-- But how 'bout you 30 and older gents?

Do you judge them? Do you think they can do better in the looks terms of finding a mater? Do you consider them less shallow or look obsessed?
Of course I do and so do my friends, that doesn't mean we are going to tell them or give them a hard time. They say silence is golden. That being said judging is one thing and bashing or harrasing are another. Humans judge period, it is part of human nature. We support each other and accept each other with our strengths and weaknesses. We all have flaws and we are good friends and accept our flaws but yes we judge, we don't bash or bully, we don't believe in that. We all make choices that others don't like but we are still friends and if we are asked for an opinion or advice we offer it. We don't so much on looks but on other qualities because we know looks are a matter of choice.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:18 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
No, I don't judge them for liking big women.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:53 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,137,665 times
If any of my friends ever insulted my man for the way he looks I would tell them to go eff themselves.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. I think he is beautiful inside and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships