Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 03:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

The worst rejection was uttter selfishness only worried about his well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 03:12 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
I can't count the number of times growing up I was on the receiving end of "she's got a great personality, but..." Now I mostly get the grownup version: "You're awesome, but I'm not physically attracted to you." First time I was barked at, I was 18; the second was a few years ago. Those stung, especially when it happened the second time as an adult-took me right back to the evil teen years.

I grew up with an "adoring" step-mother who assured me that men would only "use me and lose me" for sex because I wasn't good looking enough for anything else. The worst though was my father calling me at work one day when I was 24 to very seriously ask what was so wrong with me that I couldn't attract a man. My being single at 24 was quite the disgrace. (Unlike divorced at 25 with two kids like my brother. That was perfectly acceptable). Then when I met my late hubby (at 25), both my parents, who hadn't agreed on anything since I was 9 both told me if anything went wrong, it would be my fault. Dad died before LH, but I honestly would not be surprised if on some level Mom blames me. Ironically, I'm the only one in my family who actually got it right when it comes to picking a partner.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I can't count the number of times growing up I was on the receiving end of "she's got a great personality, but..." Now I mostly get the grownup version: "You're awesome, but I'm not physically attracted to you." First time I was barked at, I was 18; the second was a few years ago. Those stung, especially when it happened the second time as an adult-took me right back to the evil teen years.

I grew up with an "adoring" step-mother who assured me that men would only "use me and lose me" for sex because I wasn't good looking enough for anything else. The worst though was my father calling me at work one day when I was 24 to very seriously ask what was so wrong with me that I couldn't attract a man. My being single at 24 was quite the disgrace. (Unlike divorced at 25 with two kids like my brother. That was perfectly acceptable). Then when I met my late hubby (at 25), both my parents, who hadn't agreed on anything since I was 9 both told me if anything went wrong, it would be my fault. Dad died before LH, but I honestly would not be surprised if on some level Mom blames me. Ironically, I'm the only one in my family who actually got it right when it comes to picking a partner.
Jeeuz I thought my mom was demeaning!

Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I approached this curvy~ woman at a club asking if I could buy her another drink (Mai Tai I believe she was having) She replied "I don't do Chinks" Lol, wth. So, I told her "you know, pregnant women shouldn't drinking"

Old 04-09-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I approached this curvy~ woman at a club asking if I could buy her another drink (Mai Tai I believe she was having) She replied "I don't do Chinks" Lol, wth. So, I told her "you know, pregnant women shouldn't drinking"
My friend was called that and she's Filipino. She said if you are going to insult me use the right word.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
My friend was called that and she's Filipino. She said if you are going to insult me use the right word.
We all look Chinese to a lot of folks, Lol

Old 04-09-2014, 05:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It happens that I am chatting up a guy at the gym or at a motorcycle hang out spot. I give him my number and he just never calls.

It is a great relief if I see him later on somewhere with a woman or a child or another guy because that rejection then doesn't feel bad anymore.
What? You think he got killed or something?

That's pretty sweet.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah to idiots that don't know how to use their brains. Haha

Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 PM

537 posts, read 769,042 times
Yeah, the worst of rejection I ever get generally is someone not contacting me. It's really annoying when someone says they want to go out again, and they just don't contact you.

The harshest I have had lately involved me inviting the guy out for a movie he said he really wanted to see. it's a really niche movie, too, so I knew when I asked him that if he said no he was really saying "not with you". He took three days to let me know that he couldn't make it "but thanks for the invite." Message received! On to the next one.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

Hmmmn, I'll take that Mai Tai, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships