Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
She's so uneasy about anything new.
Well there you go. That is the whole issue. It could be depression, it could be a hysterectomy, but it is some feeling about her body I bet. Has she gained weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 02:03 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well I guess we shouldn't judge by that any more than so many women judge men negatively, based on the fact that men, being physiologically different, may manifest interest in sex more frequently. But I also think it may also be about social environment. Some areas, influenced by the media, tend to be so much more politically correct[uptight] about male-female relations until there is almost none at all.

I like Ruth to. She is typically quite objective about these things, which is rare for many women that I know. Like many narrow-minded men, they seem unaware that we see differently about these things and should not expect the other gender to behave as we do when it comes to this topic. But unfortunately, there is not enough interest or respect, about how our differences should fascinate not irritate us. We are as humans, very capable, even if unwilling, of appreciating people who are different from us.
It is fascinating to me.

However, I can relate a bit to the OP based on some past relationships of mine (not so much his approach or attitude, but the general frustration)...once you've gone 6, 8, 10 months without sex, the "fascination" becomes "frustration".

Old 04-09-2014, 02:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
She was, then wasn't, didn't help.
Has she had her hormone levels checked, especially testosterone?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What?
Menstruation never stopped my wife and I. It's called "lie down a towel and shower afterwards".

She's horniest at 2 points - once around day 2/3 of her period, and again about 2 weeks later.

Although she's always pretty hot to trot.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:06 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Has she had her hormone levels checked, especially testosterone?
That is what I am thinking and wondering how long it's been for a trip to the OBGYN. The weight question I asked was also related to thyroid

Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't really know where to start… But I guess the bolded was the most baffling to me. Have you had a girlfriend before?
Yes, and longest relationship was also the first one, it lasted over four years being together.

I simply argue that women will be more likely to have a day when they wouldn't be willing for sex than men simply based on their menstrual cycle. I.e. guys will adapt and avoid sex when they know that their woman is "having a period", possibly a day before or after as well. I'd say this is quite intuitive from numerous surveys done that almost all couples abstain from sex during "these days", it's a simple logic. I'd hardly say that guys aren't willing to have sex with someone else at that point and if they weren't constraining themselves to one woman in particular.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
As I have stated many times before: Those who talk about it the most participate the least. All of the women I know do not feel the need to discuss their sexual adventures with each other and we never discussed anything sex related.
This sounds clever, but there's really no way to verify it's true because nobody's talking. The women you know who don't talk about it may be having no sex at all.

Quote:
That's the thing. That emotional high, that feeling, that bonding, really only exists at the beginning of a relationship.
No, that is inaccurate.

By the way, the emotional high and feelings of bonding and closeness come from oxytocin, the hormone from your friendly neighborhood orgasm. Maybe your wife hasn't had good, regular climaxes in a while. I think some women fake it so much that they have no idea what even really feels good to them.

Quote:
Then, the relationship evolves to a level where there is a mutual love and respect. Therefore, the man, still stimulated sexually by women in general, and, his own wife, still wants sex, but she, loving this man, but, the euphoria of the emotional and mental stimulation inherent early in a relationship having worn off, has no desire anymore, even though she'd never think of leaving him.

How can a man create that euphoria in a woman who has known him and been with him for 10 years? There's nothing "new" he can do or show her that she hasn't seen before.
My husband still sends me over the moon after 18 years. The sex is even better now than it used to be, in fact. Why? Because of the familiarity. We learned this stuff together, and we are close enough to suggest or try some new/kinky stuff without worrying whether the other person is going to freak out.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:18 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
As it's obviously not experience with marriage or children, probably some dolts who would rather pizz and moan at the bar with their buddies than work on their relationships with their wives. They're their own self-fulfilling prophecy.
That certainly happens. Some men do little to make their relationship work and then act surprised when it doesn't work. However, maybe for balance we ought to think this one through. In this thread we have a women who feels mens bodies are a "mess" and their genitalia, well, you can re-read her post. And she got repped heartily for her comments. And then the references to semi-private conversations among women about how sex is a chore and their SO's romantic gestures are comical.

I really hope that I never have been nor ever will be in a relationship with a woman who is either physically repulsed by men or who finds sex to be a chore. I mean, I hope it a whole lot. But some poor fvck is. Maybe he's the guy pizzing and moaning at the bar.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

My husband still sends me over the moon after 18 years. The sex is even better now than it used to be, in fact. Why? Because of the familiarity. We learned this stuff together, and we are close enough to suggest or try some new/kinky stuff without worrying whether the other person is going to freak out.
Sounds like us, Julia. We both had our share of experiences, but my wife is the only one I have ever felt comfortable just saying "you know, I think we should try this tonight" and know that she's most likely going to say "OK" and at worst, say no, but have another suggestion.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Calling men's bodies a mess indicates an issue with your psyche. It's not normal for a heterosexual woman to be repulsed by a man's body on general principle. I'd wager that most women with attitudes like yours are the products of religious oppression or have been sexually assaulted or otherwise victimized by men at some point in their lives. A healthy male body is an exquisite thing to behold, and, as someone else mentioned on another thread, be holdin'. I feel sorry for you and the women repping you. I really do.
Nope, I've never been sexually abused, and I was raised with very little religion. I just don't see anything "exquisite." To me, sexual attraction and arousal is like 98% in the brain anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships