Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:16 PM

17 posts, read 26,179 times

Advertisements

So we've been together for more than 1.5 years. Our sex life is ok, I would do it even more times than we actually do it but he initiates at least twice a week and usually doesn't reject me.

But here it is- He almost never makes me any compliments. I know I'm a pretty girl, it's not that I'm insecure, I get my ego boosted from anywhere, just not from him. He never says I look pretty, not even when I had my hair done, did my make up very nicely or bought new clothes. He notices, but he doesn't say anything. Or he asks 'Is this a new shirt?' and when I say yes he just says 'Okay'. When we started dating he used to tell me I'm one of the prettiest girls he has ever seen and now I start thinking this was just a lie because he has never said it again.

At the moment I'm gone for work for a week (won't see each other) and this morning I sent him a sexy picture of me to spice thing up (my face with a bit of nice cleavage). All he texted me back was 'That's a duck face'. It really hurt me because I know what a duck face looks like and I didn't do one. I hate it too when girls do duck faces in pictures. I just looked i the camera with a bit of a smile. I thought he would find me pretty and tell me at least that he likes the pic, but the only text I got back was 'That's a duck face'.

I don't know what to think. I'm sure for many of you this sounds ridiculous and like immature problems, but I really start thinking he doesn't find me pretty at all anymore. I mean, aren't boyfriends usually making you compliments at least once in a while? I'm complimenting him a lot, telling him how beautiful I find him or how cute he looks, he never tells me things like that. I don't expect to be complimented every day, but once in a while would be nice, especially if I make the effort and send him pics of mine. By the way, since we got together I physically didn't change at all. I work out a couple of times per week, I'm still fit and lean and I take care of myself.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 06:35 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,139,350 times
Just get rid of him like last nights dinner in the morn.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:36 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Be with a man that consumes you... not a man that tolerates you.....

Old 04-12-2014, 06:38 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Sounds like you need to tell him how you feel. It's unlikely he'll change, though.

If he doesn't start showing more enthusiasm, you should end things. Life's too short to settle for someone who doesn't get you.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:39 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Is this the same boyfriend that chose to live with his parents instead of you.
Isn't there something about him not "properly" telling you goodbye when his parents were in the vehicle or was that someone else?

Ask him if he thinks you are attractive he is the only one who knows the answer to that question and was it really necessary to send him a photo? I doubt he will forget what you look like within a one week time frame.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,978 times
Something does sound a bit off about that. I'm always telling my woman how fine, pretty, sexy she is and certainly noticing and commenting on hair, clothes, etc when she makes a change.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:19 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Just get rid of him like last nights dinner in the morn.
This. Find someone who appreciates the photos you text, and the effort you make to look nice.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:21 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Is this the same boyfriend that chose to live with his parents instead of you.
Isn't there something about him not "properly" telling you goodbye when his parents were in the vehicle or was that someone else?

Ask him if he thinks you are attractive he is the only one who knows the answer to that question and was it really necessary to send him a photo? I doubt he will forget what you look like within a one week time frame.
Why are you still with this guy, OP?

Old 04-12-2014, 07:24 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
He might not find you attractive anymore. It happens.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:25 PM

941 posts, read 3,910,602 times
You're a favourite pair of well-worn shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships