Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Sure, could be. I think people who claim to have high standards yet can't or don't land anyone who meets those standards have low self-esteem too. If a person finds his or her own league unworthy, that indicates some self-loathing.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Neither. It attributable to having a lack of wisdom.

At the very, absolute least, you should have three standards:

1) Mutual respect
2) Mutual chemistry
3) Mutual values

If these don't exist in the relationship, move on.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:35 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
So, with a lot of guys that I see on the internet (and in real life), I see them bragging about 'smashing' some girl or talking about 'wife' as if they were some sort of privilege in life. We all know how some guys about how many females they've ran through.

But when you actually see said wife or women they have pounded, most are usually overweight, flat-chested, or sub-par in the face. Do some people use their partners as a self-esteem booster? In today's world, it seems to be quantity over quality.
I take it some people really just want sex, and that is it.

Whatever options are available to them satiates their 'urges.'

Old 04-15-2014, 07:22 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
So, with a lot of guys that I see on the internet (and in real life), I see them bragging about 'smashing' some girl or talking about 'wife' as if they were some sort of privilege in life. We all know how some guys about how many females they've ran through.

But when you actually see said wife or women they have pounded, most are usually overweight, flat-chested, or sub-par in the face. Do some people use their partners as a self-esteem booster? In today's world, it seems to be quantity over quality.
It could be that a "lack of standard" is indicative of neither a lack of self esteem or lack of options, but an accepting and inclusive approach toward potential partners. I have been told I have no standards. I agree; I outgrew the idea of standards many years ago. I brag about my wife on this forum all the time. Based on your second paragraph, you would not be impressed with her. That's fine with me, she's not your wife. But it is foolish to think I am with her because I lacked options or self esteem. I'm with her because she is the person I want to be with. And yes, it is an absolute priviledge in life to be with her.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
It could be that a "lack of standard" is indicative of neither a lack of self esteem or lack of options, but an accepting and inclusive approach toward potential partners. I have been told I have no standards. I agree; I outgrew the idea of standards many years ago. I brag about my wife on this forum all the time. Based on your second paragraph, you would not be impressed with her. That's fine with me, she's not your wife. But it is foolish to think I am with her because I lacked options or self esteem. I'm with her because she is the person I want to be with. And yes, it is an absolute priviledge in life to be with her.
Great reply.

OP's idea of lack of standards sounds more to me like he has not matured into a well rounded adult ready for an "adult" relationship and is still worried about impressing those around him with a "trophy wife" of some sort, regardless of the negatives that it brings.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Great reply.

OP's idea of lack of standards sounds more to me like he has not matured into a well rounded adult ready for an "adult" relationship and is still worried about impressing those around him with a "trophy wife" of some sort, regardless of the negatives that it brings.
Highly likely.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:44 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Only men with no self esteem or no options would ever consider a flat chested woman. They are truly the bottom of the barrel. I would never even be seen with one, myself.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:

You seem to assume all men choose partners entirely on looks. That's not the case. The fact a man may have a partner who is "overweight, flat-chested or sub-par in the face" doesn't mean he has a "lack of standards." It probably means she brings thing to his life that are more valuable to him than a perfect body, a big chest, or a beautiful face.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Great reply.

This, in spades!

Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Only men with no self esteem or no options would ever consider a flat chested woman. They are truly the bottom of the barrel. I would never even be seen with one, myself.

I read a into your post, what's with the flat-phobia? Is every woman only a double mastectomy away from bottom of the barrel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships