Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, now, here's a good question! Is it ok to walk out on a rude, *****y date? If it's ok for women to walk out on a date where the guy gets sleazy and starts sex talk, when is it ok for a guy to walk out on a date? Or is it ever ok for a guy to do that?

ok, off-topic, but still--a good question.

Probably deserves to be a thread of its own, really. There are situations... but how it is handled is key. I'm a believer in always taking the high road. If something along the lines where my date started using, lets call it racially insensitive language, I could see myself saying after a drink that I just don't think we're compatible and it is best if we just call it an evening and leave it at that. I've thankfully not been in that situation that I can recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 11:58 AM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I see no reason anyone (man or woman) should sit there and be polite to someone and reward their rude behavior. I think anyone should leave in that case... leave as politely (but as firmly) as possible, but leave. I gave my example where I told the guy, "this isn't going to work out," I paid for my drinks and left. No one deserves to be treated poorly and no one should have to sit there and take it.
I agree with that. Someone behaving so boorishly that you can't imagine sitting there for one more minute is different than the OP's situation. Finding out a piece of information that proves an incompatibility on an otherwise pleasant date isn't grounds for flouncing off in a huff.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover98 View Post
If the guy is being a sleazy douchebag to you, why stay? Tell him to go find a hooker.

Ah, it is 49er.

Doesn't understand social mores.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover98 View Post
In his defense, I'll confess that I almost walked out on a date. However, she was so damn rude and bitchy. But I finished the date even though I wanted to leave her there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Probably deserves to be a thread of its own, really. There are situations... but how it is handled is key. I'm a believer in always taking the high road. If something along the lines where my date started using, lets call it racially insensitive language, I could see myself saying after a drink that I just don't think we're compatible and it is best if we just call it an evening and leave it at that. I've thankfully not been in that situation that I can recall.
Yeah - if someone is rude, offensive, racist, etc. - I can understand walking out. I never went out with someone I didn't know well enough to know that we were going to be fairly compatible - so it was never an issue when I was dating.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'll say it again: buy an expensive camera. Take some photog courses to give you some basic working knowledge. Have some business cards printed up saying you're a phtographer. When you see a girl you think is attractive walk up to her and present your BC. Say you're doing a portfolio and you would love to have some shots of her in it. Stress this is nothing devious; she can meet you anywhere she feels safe.

Pretty girls who know they're pretty LOVE to have their pictures taken. You flatter them just by saying you'd like to include them in your portfolio. After enough "exposures" one of these girls will see past the photog thing and warm to you.

I GUARANTEE IT!
Lmao. C'mon now! What guy is going to buy a 4k DSLR camera, spend time taking photography courses and print fake business cards for a slight chance that a woman might warm up to him?

CREEEEPPY!!!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lmao. C'mon now! What guy is going to buy a 4k DSLR camera, spend time taking photography courses and print fake business cards for a slight chance that a woman might warm up to him?

CREEEEPPY!!!
lol! See what women have to contend with?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Its beyond even buying a puppy to meet women. Ugh.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Lol, the lengths a man will go....

Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
I read a book where the author recommended women buy a dog and walk it in high-end neighborhoods to meet a man of means. It's not just men who come up with ruses like this.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I can think better ways to spend my time and money on trying to meet woman than to come up with an elaborate scheme as one the poster mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships