Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:05 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I'll tell y'all what REALLY sad here: OP is 40 years old, and still.....this is how she acts.
Wait, what? Oh, good gawd.

Is it a full moon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 11:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Well....I went back through her posting history.

Go for it, Ruth. She was asking where all the ultra rich people in NYC live. Maybe he's got some moolah.
Well, we know he's got an important job that involves working with lawyers, and long distance travel between branch offices. And we know he's a very supportive, devoted, bend-over-backwards for his SO type of guy. So--I'm in!

Old 04-17-2014, 11:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Well....I went back through her posting history.

Go for it, Ruth. She was asking where all the ultra rich people in NYC live. Maybe he's got some moolah.

Interesting how she was asking this last month but has been dating this guy according to her original post for a year now. How time flies...

Original Poster: I don't see anything confusing except for your writing. You stated the boyfriend told you clearly he is going to be traveling for a month for his job and will not have time for you but will when he gets things straightened out at work.
That sounds pretty clear to me so where exactly does the confusion come in?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Wait, what? Oh, good gawd.

Is it a full moon?
Not quite. I think it's 3/4. Close enough though. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, we know he's got an important job that involves working with lawyers, and long distance travel between branch offices. And we know he's a very supportive, devoted, bend-over-backwards for his SO type of guy. So--I'm in!
Yay! Good luck, Ruth! I'm rootin' for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Interesting how she was asking this last month but has been dating this guy according to her original post for a year now. How time flies...

Indeed. lol

Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
How much of a buffoon is the OP? Dude straight up says he hopes to hear from her so SHE doesn't reply for 3 weeks and wonders what HIS problem is?

Wtf? Am I reading that right? He reached out for your support but you ignored him and now you're asking why he's the one acting weird?

Can't make this up.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:17 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Hahaha how ridiculous.. He gets stressed out dealing with some major work issues and travel and she just basically disappears? No support or anything? Wow..

Two qualities that get a woman kicked to the curb quickly in my book.

1. Can't understand the importance of a career. I.e. complaining I have to go to work, trying to get me to stay home, etc.

2. Trying to convince me not to go to the gym and hang out with her instead, all the time..

A significant other should understand that things are important to you if done within reasons. Sure I can quit my job and make 100k less somewhere else, or I could quit going to the gym and get fat and out of shape.. But I have a feeling those are typically qualities that people look for in a significant other.. Success and Health, as long as both are done within reason.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:55 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
It's also interesting 0521ny has never come back to her own thread. Makes me wonder if it's real.

That said, if this is true, it may be he has a girlfriend or has decided to check out of the relationship for other reasons. No decent guy, due to job stress, does this type of behaviour change.

So there's a lot more here than meets the eye.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 AM

125 posts, read 116,080 times
Interesting, It sounds, like all of you disappear from your love ones when you have a problem. Is that how you handle things?

I have had relationships in the past and I never had anyone disappearing like that and YES it were moments when things were not right, we solved things together arent relationships to support each other????

I am really confuse.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 AM

125 posts, read 116,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
How much of a buffoon is the OP? Dude straight up says he hopes to hear from her so SHE doesn't reply for 3 weeks and wonders what HIS problem is?

Wtf? Am I reading that right? He reached out for your support but you ignored him and now you're asking why he's the one acting weird?

Can't make this up.

I called him/texted him SEVERAL TIMES he responded to only one text

"Hey I am sorry I am busy dealing with major problems, I know i am pushing you away"

So I tried! He didnt want me around AT ALL.....

days after I get that email.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0512ny View Post
I called him/texted him SEVERAL TIMES he responded to only one text

"Hey I am sorry I am busy dealing with major problems, I know i am pushing you away"

So I tried! He didnt want me around AT ALL.....

days after I get that email.
Hey, you're back all of a sudden.

Sounds like he is having problems with the relationship. maybe be direct with him and ask him about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships