Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:11 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times

Advertisements

Admittedly, I don't like rejection and I don't really approach anyone because my confidence is lacking still (even though I'm more confident now, than about a year ago). I'm still not approaching because I still feel that I am not satisfied with where I am. I am still working on myself and trying to reach some personal goals.

At the same time, I am getting approached quite a bit. I guess even though I don't feel adequate to approach, I somehow have this alluring confidence that I can get myself to the (physical and mental) state that I want to be in.

"It is not that I'm afraid of rejection. It is more that I reject myself. I believe when I can get to the level where I can totally accept who I am then maybe rejection will have no effect on me. (Rejection would have little effect on me as I am right now) Since I don't accept myself, I look to others for that acceptance. If I don't get it, it can hurt. But the fact of the matter is, true acceptance comes from within."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 01:21 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Women in general dread and are totally frightened of rejection, more so then men when doing these so-called cold approaches. It's too bad, because most men are very receptive to any advances, whether the woman is attractive or not.

Women who approach are definitely in a league of their own; I have great admiration for them.
A few aberrations aside, pretty much my experience is most men are really nice... even when they say, "not interested." I think sometimes it surprises them too, lol.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:29 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
I think part of the issue is that a lot of people think that we should look at the relationship world as a number's game and to me that is wrong. It is not some Kind of car buying process where you apply at one dealership and get rejected ad go apply somewhere else until you find an institution that finally approves you. It is not some one night stand quest where a guy just wants to get laid so he goes to nightclubs or bars and goes around asking different girls until one takes the bait, there I can see the logic of playing the numbers, but relationships are differdnt.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
A few aberrations aside, pretty much my experience is most men are really nice... even when they say, "not interested." I think sometimes it surprises them too, lol.
Same here, most women I approach are very nice in their rejection. But I do get the occasional "it's not happening today, bother someone else" lol. I relish in face of rejection to be quite honest; It makes me feel heroic.

Yes, it comes as a shock to most men when being approached by women.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yes, and it is a nice surprise of course since it is not common .

Old 05-01-2014, 05:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Guys are too weak nowadays to take rejections.

And there is too many women who just give IT away so freely to everybody that guys don't need to work for IT anymore.

Which in turn causes lots of GOOD women to stay single or having to do the approaching.
Good! They need to approach instead making the man do everything.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I approach all the time.

I only get approached by guys 20-30 years older than me and no, i don't look like I am their age. On OLD I often get approached by 20-25 year old guys (I am 37).

So there is something wrong with my generation.

Guys my age are not interested or scared of rejection. All guys I have ever approache with success, tell me they would have never spoken to me out of fear of rejection.

Man up, guys, we don't bite! At least not badly that it hurts.
I would ask you out in person. I might get rejected and you're 13 years older than I am. But I would ask you.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:18 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I would ask you out in person. I might get rejected and you're 13 years older than I am. But I would ask you.
Eve, meet Kaeper. He would love to take you out to dinner

Old 05-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Eve, meet Kaeper. He would love to take you out to dinner
*Kisses bicep*

Old 05-01-2014, 07:25 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,604 times
Quote:
Same here, most women I approach are very nice in their rejection. But I do get the occasional "it's not happening today, bother someone else" lol. I relish in face of rejection to be quite honest; It makes me feel heroic.

Yes, it comes as a shock to most men when being approached by women.
This is a good way to think and honestly I don't remember the rejections I just remember the successes. At the end of the day down the road that is what you remember!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships