Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When was the last time you asked a woman out?
Within the last 24 hours 2 3.92%
Within the last week 4 7.84%
Within the last month 13 25.49%
Within the last 6 months 9 17.65%
Over a year 23 45.10%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times

Advertisements

Women talk hella **** to their girlfriends about this "loser" who tried to "approach them." I know my female friends talk hella **** when a guy approached them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 03:34 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
Women talk hella **** to their girlfriends about this "loser" who tried to "approach them." I know my female friends talk hella **** when a guy approached them.
Some women do that... guess what, they are the same uppity women who call other women losers and such because they aren't part of the "in" crowd. Best to avoid those types who are into "keeping up with the Jones'." They look down their noses at others not part of their clique--and it's not limited to people with certain genitalia.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:36 PM

113 posts, read 113,305 times
I haven't had any prospects in a while where I felt any real sense of optimism so I didn't ask them out

Old 08-12-2014, 03:50 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You jest. 4 and a half years
Nope. I'm serious. And when the guy approached me in 2010, it was so great. He came to install my telephone line in my home when I moved. It was like the heavens dropped him out of the sky. I really liked him but then he started scaring me and I stopped talking to him after a while. I wish something like that would happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Also women in customer service positions, like waitresses and receptionists, and women in urban areas who walk and take public transportation often. A woman who goes from her house to her car and from her car to work, and who sits in a quiet office all day isn't going to be hit on often. A woman who isn't into the bar scene isn't going to be hit on often.
Yup, the latter is me. Maybe I should get a 2nd job as a waitress, barista or bartender. Then I'd have tons of guys hitting on me.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Bump
Stirring some trouble up huh?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:34 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
For every woman like that, there's a woman wishing guys would approach her. There are all kinds of women out there, each with her own mindset.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
For every woman like that, there's a woman wishing guys would approach her. There are all kinds of women out there, each with her own mindset.
How do we find these types of women? Seems like women (where I'm from) hate being approached.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:41 PM

113 posts, read 113,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
How do we find these types of women? Seems like women (where I'm from) hate being approached.
it seems like that everywhere

Old 08-12-2014, 05:09 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Men don't approach much. Look at any post here on this forum... even this poll here where most men haven't approached in a year. A few do, but the vast majority do not (or very rarely do) by they own admittance. So unless the few that do approach are shotgunning and approaching every woman they see, it also means most women are not approached either.

And you think this forum represents real life? You're either messing with us or you're quite delusional. And I truly hope it's the former.

Quote:
The point is, most women don't have men coming on to them 24/7 like some guys here seem to think and the way men are responding with about half not even approaching a single woman in a year, it kind of matches what women are claiming about not being approached. And sorry, I don't count the guy in the car who speeds by and does a rebel yell cat call at me as any kind of "real attention."

And again, you seem to think CD represents real life. It doesn't match anything. And it doesn't matter what you "think" counts as attention. That creep, rebel, whatever you want to call him; it still counts as attention. It's still an option for you, even if it's an option you wouldn't exercise. Do women have men come onto them 24/7? No, but don't act like there's women who get none of it. Unless you morbidly obese, all women get male attention to at least some extent. If I can get female attention on a semi-often basis, then I think an average looking woman will get at least an equal amount herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth
No, they don't. Not even monthly. You have no clue what women's lives are really
like.

Read what I wrote above. Not even monthly? Do you people really post literally anything just to say you're right? If I(a male) can get supposedly more attention than the women here, then I guess I look that damn good then. In which case, Baptiste Giabiconi should be worried about his job with Chanel.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Read what I wrote above. Not even monthly? Do you people really post literally anything just to say you're right? If I(a male) can get supposedly more attention than the women here, then I guess I look that damn good then. In which case, Baptiste Giabiconi should be worried about his job with Chanel.
Yes, you must be pretty good-looking. Sorry the truth is so hard for you to swallow. Kicking and screaming isn't going to change it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships