Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:58 PM

83 posts, read 97,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You mean with a man other than her new fiance??
No! He's just trying to rub salt in the wounds. LOL I will tell you this about my wife, she ballooned up like crazy after we got married, but was pretty lean the 8 months we dated before getting married. She basically put on full court press to lose weight and seduce me, and they got pretty heavy after the relationship was secure.

She was pretty thin when we divorced, because she was banging her new guy while we separated and worked her butt off to get with him. Now, she's REALLY FAT.

A couple of things

1. She's probably depressed again, her knight in shining armor is probably not as great as she thought. She was getting down about everything and started binge eating, so instead of losing her, he throws a ring at her to keep her.

2. She saw how hot my new girl was it bummed her out - KARMA.

It's just a pattern with her = love bomb, get happy, get normal, get sad, eat, fail another relationship.

Looks like I won this one. I should be shaking that guys hand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 04:00 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,799 times
Yeah, you definitely sound like a real winner.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
With a straight face I would walk up to him and say congratulations, you're a "lucky" guy.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Yeah, you definitely sound like a real winner.
You too man!

Old 05-06-2014, 04:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectprisons View Post
1. She's probably depressed again, her knight in shining armor is probably not as great as she thought. She was getting down about everything and started binge eating, so instead of losing her, he throws a ring at her to keep her.
This part confuses me. He rewards her for getting fat?

Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
This part confuses me. He rewards her for getting fat?
My guess is that she is unhappy, because she is eating her problems away. When she is unhappy, she takes things out others (like she did to me all the time). To make her happy, he proposes marriage, which is a temporary solution to what is really a lifelong problem.

A common thread in our relationship was that she was never happy. I did everything and more, but nothing ever seemed to be good enough. I was a fool into thinking I could fix her. The truth is that she is inherently miserable. I really feel for this guy because he's likely going to be taking same approach I took with very minimal success. Our paths are similar.

When I began dating again, I really got into asking the girl what they did on their own to find happiness. I specifically told my current girlfriend that I'm a GOOD addition to her GREAT life.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:11 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
You really shouldn't be spending so much time trying to figure out your ex-wife's life.

You need to step back and away, or let your GF go.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Talking about obsessed with your ex. I feel sorry for your girlfriend.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectprisons View Post
My guess is that she is unhappy, because she is eating her problems away. When she is unhappy, she takes things out others (like she did to me all the time). To make her happy, he proposes marriage, which is a temporary solution to what is really a lifelong problem.

A common thread in our relationship was that she was never happy. I did everything and more, but nothing ever seemed to be good enough. I was a fool into thinking I could fix her. The truth is that she is inherently miserable. I really feel for this guy because he's likely going to be taking same approach I took with very minimal success. Our paths are similar.

When I began dating again, I really got into asking the girl what they did on their own to find happiness. I specifically told my current girlfriend that I'm a GOOD addition to her GREAT life.
All your doing is talking trash about why you are a better person than she is and speculating about the inner workings of her situation. For all you really know maybe she is on medication and that is what is making her fat. Next maybe the new dude likes that fat. How do you know what's really going on?

You're wasting precious time and not giving your full attention to the good woman you have now. Conquer your ego so that you can be happy. People have bad relationships...it can happen to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships