Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:48 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Is that Cali thing? I've never heard of that.
Really? I've never NOT seen it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:55 PM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Isn't there a line marker on the floor in the pharmacy or a little post that keeps the second person in line away from the counter?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
What happens on here and what happens in real life are two different things. What I see in real life with my own eyes are guys hitting/flirting on women. Now it may not be the guys that she wants, but I find it hard to believe that NO men approch her.
I do get approached. In real life by guys 55+.

Online by guys 20-24 years old and really big ones usually.

About 10% of the guys who approach me online and look okay, are either dead broke or ex prisoners or have 4 kids by 5 women or a freaky hobby or . .. or ..I am a freak magnet. So if you are attracted to me, there must be something wrong with YOU

Old 04-23-2014, 02:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
What happens on here and what happens in real life are two different things. What I see in real life with my own eyes are guys hitting/flirting on women. Now it may not be the guys that she wants, but I find it hard to believe that NO men approch her.
Yeah exactly, most of my girlfriends are always getting hit on by guys

Now, most guys are just flat out disgusting and say rude comments.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM

39,201 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I've been out of the dating scene for a while now and I'm just starting to get back in. Moved to a new city so it's kind of weird, and I'm trying to figure out WTF guys want!!

Guys on here are always saying that girls should initiate the conversation, but I have no idea how to do this. I'm so out of practice.

Example #1:

I'm at the local pharmacy. Just got done with a run so I'm sweaty, but I don't sweat a lot so I'm not super gross or anything. There's a cute guy at the counter waiting for the cashier to come up and ring him out. He smiles at me. I feel like an idiot because I'm 1.) buying blister bandages, which doesn't exactly scream "sexy." 2.) I have no idea if he is smiling at me because he thinks I'm cute, or if he is just being polite, or what.

So I just give a quick smile and look away and ignore him, because I am a moron.

Example #2:

I just get done with a class I'm taking. It's not the normal session I usually take, so there are people that I don't really know there. One of them is a guy who is pretty cute. On the walk home I end up standing next to him on the street corner. He's got his earbuds in so I say "Hey, it's you."

He takes his earbuds out and starts talking. Asks me where I'm going, and I say home. He asks if a certain theater is having shows that night, and I say I have no idea. He tells me he's on his way to work, and instead of saying something like "where do you work?" I just say "oh, cool." Finally he kind of gives up talking to me and crosses the street, and he reminds me of his name as he walks away. I don't know if I'm supposed to give him mine or just assume he is being cordial.

Again, because I am a moron.

Bottom line is, I'm not sure if these guys want to be approached or if I'm misreading signals. I don't want to be some creepy chick who hits on random dudes at the pharmacy or on the street corner, and I also assume that if they were really that into me they'd be the ones doing the chasing.

Am I right about this, or should I have tried a little harder?
well, I don't have any advice for you. But I found your entire post very cute.

You certainly don't belong to the "I got all my sh%t together and every guy in the world wants me " crowd.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I do get approached. In real life by guys 55+.

Online by guys 20-24 years old and really big ones usually.

About 10% of the guys who approach me online and look okay, are either dead broke or ex prisoners or have 4 kids by 5 women or a freaky hobby or . .. or ..I am a freak magnet. So if you are attracted to me, there must be something wrong with YOU
And thus, the age old argument continues.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah exactly, most of my girlfriends are always getting hit on by guys

Now, most guys are just flat out disgusting and say rude comments.
yes. Plus, last year I was full of desperation, was way too nice to guys, ran after them by trying to convince them how great I am (which I am by the way ) and made every cool guy run away as fast as they could.

This year, I don't give a damn. I talk to a cool guy or don't and don't hear the wedding bells ring in my head after exchanging one sentence.

So I guess my desperation was a big man repellant last year.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I don't have any advice for you. But I found your entire post very cute.

You certainly don't belong to the "I got all my sh%t together and every guy in the world wants me " crowd.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:14 PM

356 posts, read 1,268,593 times
i never ask guys out but i was somewhere and saw this guy who i used to know and he was smoking hot. he said we should get together sometime.. so i contacted him first and asked him out.. great.. seems fine

but at the end of the date he totally tried to sleep with me.. so going forward i dont think it is a good idea to ask a guy out.. it gives him the wrong idea

Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 PM

there is SO MANY opportunities to practice. OP, go into a bar with friends on a weekend night.

Squeeze onto the bar right next to a guy and apologize for invading his personal space. If he is not reacting, forget it. If he is friendly and smiles, go ahead.
You'll be standing there for a few minutes to wait for your drink.

Make a comment about what is showing on the tv that is hanging there. Or ask him if he tried the ... drink and if it is good. Or ask him if it is always that packed/empty on a Friday/Saturday night. Then ask him if he comes here often. ... Then ask him for his name ... VOILA!! That's what I did back in the day when I still went out to bars and it usually worked. I left with several phone numbers at the end of the night and made a wise (sober) decision the next day whom I am going to call and whom not.

If you can't do that, drink a beer/glass of wine before you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships