Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ive seen it in other threads. The date thread he showed a complete lack of regard for his date's feeling and when confronted on it state clearly he didn't care about her feelings it was all about his wants/desires and he didn't give a crap.
And if you read this thread you would see that I apologized to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 04:00 PM

13 posts, read 19,319 times
This whole think reeks of whineyness and defeatism woman don't find that attractive. Start dieting and go to the gym, Do some Russian twists, squats, bench press, rows, and cardio.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:37 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Don't change yourself for any woman, don't try to be what you think they want, don't act like someone you're not, stop acting so desperate.

Most women are not special... and if they are, they're probably going to nice about rejecting you anyways.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Don't change yourself for any woman, don't try to be what you think they want, don't act like someone you're not, stop acting so desperate.

Most women are not special... and if they are, they're probably going to nice about rejecting you anyways.
Good post.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
So what exactly is a "nice" rejection? What does that look like to guys who are afraid of it?

Old 09-27-2014, 01:31 PM

324 posts, read 294,445 times
Yes, it can. Anxiety is not something that can be cured, it can only be managed/put under control.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:23 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,277,315 times
I don't have the time to read through 20 pages but this thread is interesting. The only thing that I have to add is why the hell is there so many rules with getting a woman? I mean COME ON! Its border line dumb the things guys go through just to get a number from a woman. Maybe thats why the OP has anxiety about this stuff. Im not saying that a woman should just hand her number out to just any creep but I have ran into cases were a woman would be attracted to a guy that she met somewhere and declined him because he didn't pronounce a word correctly. No joke.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I don't have the time to read through 20 pages but this thread is interesting. The only thing that I have to add is why the hell is there so many rules with getting a woman? I mean COME ON! Its border line dumb the things guys go through just to get a number from a woman. Maybe thats why the OP has anxiety about this stuff. Im not saying that a woman should just hand her number out to just any creep but I have ran into cases were a woman would be attracted to a guy that she met somewhere and declined him because he didn't pronounce a word correctly. No joke.
I've actually had a girlfriend for almost a month now. But I did have social and approach anxiety when I was younger.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:47 PM

58 posts, read 59,596 times
I think I suffer from the same thing the OP is going through. If I see an attractive woman, I start sweating and am afraid. Mind you, I've approached and done poorly, but I'm just not feeling it these days. Not really attractive either.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:55 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I approach them, ask them their name, and ask can I get to know them. They say no each time.

Oh, yea, this is definitely not a good plan.

Approach them by finding something to talk about. Ask them about their T shirt, their bumper sticker, ask if they are from around here and do they know of a good restaurant. Has she been here before?

NEVER EVER say "I'd like to get to know you". That's going to sound creepy from a guy who is nervous and sweating.

Make small talk like that with 100 women, THEN start thinking about taking it to the next level. Practice, practice practice.

Having a wingman helps.

And, seriously, talk to your doctor about Paxil. You have a legit case of social anxiety disorder and it WILL Not get better without help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships