Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 02:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Or she just couldn't do any better.
There's usually SOMETHING a woman likes about the man when she's with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 03:00 PM

589 posts, read 639,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
There's usually SOMETHING a woman likes about the man when she's with him.

Yes, but it's not necessarily physical. She could like his income or popularity. Or like I said, he may be the best she can do.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Seriously. If you thinking asking middle aged women advice on doing better with women rather than guys who do well with women, you've already got the wrong mindset.

Women don't even admit to themselves what they really are attracted to.

If you want to be so thick headed that you won't even stray from the comfort of a coddling forum like CD for advice or new information, no one can help you grow a pair
A lot of guys do well here with women, and they have given him pretty dang good advice.

The fact is, he refuses to take any advice. The only thing he wants is a pity party so he can be sad that he will be forever alone.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Lol you know this from your extensive research of the plethora of information on reducing anxiety, improving social skills, and improving your dating life? And you have concluded that no books, blogs or website can compete with the advice of CD members?

Good luck kid, you'll need it.
That's not to say I rely only on CD. That said, there is something about the way middle-aged women write that's comforting.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A lot of guys do well here with women, and they have given him pretty dang good advice.

The fact is, he refuses to take any advice. The only thing he wants is a pity party so he can be sad that he will be forever alone.
It's wrong to say I refuse to take advice.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:25 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I'm a disabled man, I have to pay thousands of dollars every few years to live remotely like a normal person. While I do have functioning limbs, I'm still much worse than most normal people with a healthy body.

In fact, when people were out there socializing and developing skills as children, I was isolated, because I couldn't develop social skills with them. Hearing disabilities, while less impactful than other disabilities, they are still pretty severe.
I empathize with your situation, losing any sense organs partially or fully sucks. I think going blind would be the worst, can't even imagine.

Everyone has their own battles. I got hit by severe cystic acne the likes of which I have never seen before or since, right before I was going away to college(battled acne all through high school before that but never so severe), huge angry red cysts on either side of my mouth, front and center, along with elsewhere on my face. Talk about disabling, my self esteem tanked down to ground zero, I felt as ugly as one could possibly feel. That continued for a year before I decided to risk taking accutane(which has potential side effects that are disabling for life). Luckily I escaped with only early onset male pattern baldness and some impressive scars. So now I'm at a norwood 3 hairline at 24 years old (think Jude Laws hairline).

Yet I manage to function just fine, women are interested in me, life is great. That is only the case because of how I have handled the cards I was dealt. If I continued to relate to myself the way I was, I would still be a depressed, victim-mindset oriented guy who waxes poetic about the unjustness of life (my hair, why can't I just have hair like everyone else my age? and my face, why did I deserve to have these scars? blah blah blah). The depression I sank into also played a big hand in me flunking out of college which has messed with my progression into a well paying job/career, I'm back in school now but I should've been done by now.

Only YOU can decide how your life is going to unfold. What you think and feel in the present dictates what your future will be, so pay close attention to what stories you are playing over and over in your head, and the stories that you write on here. They become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Instead of deciding that my hairline is the end of my success with the ladies, I decided to let that go, buzz it down and forget about it entirely. Hair is just hair. My scars, I think they look kinda cool and they've faded over the years, and I also choose to believe and have proven to myself that women don't really care, that they care much more about what kind of man you are then the surface of your skin. I could easily have gone way down the negative road, but honestly, fu** that. It's a choice, at the end of the day it is your choice.

Last edited by tofur; 04-25-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-26-2014, 10:12 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
What would be an example of "the world" being warm and kind-hearted towards you?
Joe cuts through the crap as well as I do!

Old 04-26-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Joe cuts through the crap as well as I do!
Is a society where people have happy families and where there are no bullies too much to ask? It's hard to see that the world is nice when you aren't treated that well by the world.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM

306 posts, read 299,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
The trick is to get you one of the women that are tired of being in beefcake's rotation. She realizes there's to much competition for his attention, she's getting used and she's tired of it.
Doesn`t mean she is attracted to him or wants to be with him just that she's tired of being used. It`s the same thing as when a man just goes out with a women he's not attracted to because he's got nothing else going on.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:16 PM

306 posts, read 299,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Is a society where people have happy families and where there are no bullies too much to ask? It's hard to see that the world is nice when you aren't treated that well by the world.
You can say this a million times and the still won't hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships