Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 AM

8 posts, read 21,052 times

Advertisements

So, I have a dilemma. I'm pretty low in the self-confidence area, but a girl from my work, I believe, has been giving me signs of interest. A few times I look and see that's she made eye-contact with me, and on two occasions she's seen me go into the vending machine room, and went in herself. I know I should've started a conversation in there, but I freaked, and my mind went blank. :/ She even said hi, but my throat literally went dry and I didn't say anything. So now she probably thinks I'm not interested or a jerk.

I've always had social anxiety and I'm not very experienced with relationships, at all. My question, would it be too creepy to cold message her on FB and just say "hey" and see if I get a response?

Some details worth mentioning: Even though she works at the same location, she's not in the same department. I really can't spark up a convo with her without it being obvious what I'm doing. So, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 01:55 AM

84 posts, read 138,120 times
Don't worry about being "creepy." If you really want to try messaging her on Facebook, then just do it. That being said, chicks do not respect online communication. It's just not a form of communication that's associated with bravery or confidence -- the qualities that girls love in men. Obviously, it would be better if you talked to her in real life. It would be even better if you could joke around with her and make her laugh a bit before you ask for her number.

I suggest practicing talking to women that you have no interest in. Don't ask them out. Just joke around with them and gain confidence talking to women. Then use that experience on girls that actually interest you.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:01 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Nut up and talk to her in person.

Don't send the message you're a scared weenie. Give yourself some credit! Take confidence in the fact that she has been sending you signals. Don't hide behind a computer.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,887,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nut up and talk to her in person.

Don't send the message you're a scared weenie. Give yourself some credit! Take confidence in the fact that she has been sending you signals. Don't hide behind a computer.
'Scared weenie!' Lol!!!

I know right!!

Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,887,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCoconut View Post
So, I have a dilemma. I'm pretty low in the self-confidence area, but a girl from my work, I believe, has been giving me signs of interest. A few times I look and see that's she made eye-contact with me, and on two occasions she's seen me go into the vending machine room, and went in herself. I know I should've started a conversation in there, but I freaked, and my mind went blank. :/ She even said hi, but my throat literally went dry and I didn't say anything. So now she probably thinks I'm not interested or a jerk.

I've always had social anxiety and I'm not very experienced with relationships, at all. My question, would it be too creepy to cold message her on FB and just say "hey" and see if I get a response?

Some details worth mentioning: Even though she works at the same location, she's not in the same department. I really can't spark up a convo with her without it being obvious what I'm doing. So, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do.
Go over to her station and say hi!

Good night! Women are not going to kill you for being friendly.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:58 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,626,563 times
Don't do it dude. Talk to her in person, she is harmless.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:14 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,249,230 times
creepy and stalkerish if you message her from out of the blue on fb.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:17 AM

536 posts, read 606,206 times
It sounds like she is just being nice, so far. So an out of the blue FB message would be creepy. But try talking to her.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 AM

592 posts, read 799,945 times
This is how she would perceive your Facebook message: "hi, I've been watching you at work, so I decided to track you Down"
- love psycho

Old 04-27-2014, 07:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,706,085 times
You should send nude pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships