Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM

746 posts, read 866,390 times

Advertisements

I've toured one and it felt like a prison camp! It was all dark and barely anyone there, socially worse than high school. I may never get a shot at having much of a social life now. I hate being alone all the time. I could not believe what I saw. Barely anyone there. It was a small building, no dorms, no activities, just a work skills center place. I thought it was majority depressing and thought it wasn't worth making more money cause I'd probably just live a boring and lonely life. I have no clue how to make a social life outside of the school environment.

The trade center was like a black home sucking my soul! At least make the lights brighter for God's sake! I don't understand the big hype about life as an adult. Working leaves no time to go and be social and have fun. And I have no idea how I'm going to meet a woman, I might have to resort to trying a BAR. I don't belong in a church, and I might not be going to traditional college. What the hell is so exciting about life?

It'll be even worse without getting married and having kids. I'd have a family then. But if I'm alone I'm probably going to play video games all the time. And I might become an alcoholic cause I'll probably turn to drinking.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:03 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
Maybe you should post in the psychology or relationships forum.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 PM

372 posts, read 599,482 times
You should try seeing a counselor. I have a feeling that the trade school isn't the problem.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I've toured one and it felt like a prison camp! It was all dark and barely anyone there, socially worse than high school. I may never get a shot at having much of a social life now. I hate being alone all the time. I could not believe what I saw. Barely anyone there. It was a small building, no dorms, no activities, just a work skills center place. I thought it was majority depressing and thought it wasn't worth making more money cause I'd probably just live a boring and lonely life. I have no clue how to make a social life outside of the school environment.

The trade center was like a black home sucking my soul! At least make the lights brighter for God's sake! I don't understand the big hype about life as an adult. Working leaves no time to go and be social and have fun. And I have no idea how I'm going to meet a woman, I might have to resort to trying a BAR. I don't belong in a church, and I might not be going to traditional college. What the hell is so exciting about life?

It'll be even worse without getting married and having kids. I'd have a family then. But if I'm alone I'm probably going to play video games all the time. And I might become an alcoholic cause I'll probably turn to drinking.

The deal is to work so you can do things that you want to do. Just go to the bar. I am the King of the Dive Bar Preservation Society and I will help you in your journey.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The deal is to work so you can do things that you want to do. Just go to the bar. I am the King of the Dive Bar Preservation Society and I will help you in your journey.
Can real relationship happen with a woman you meet at a bar and sleep with one night? I've heard that can turn into the real deal.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:00 PM

27 posts, read 64,264 times
Just go to a different trade school.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 PM

144 posts, read 264,276 times

Why bother with a trade school if you've already graduated from troll school?

Old 04-29-2014, 06:12 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
"Are trade schools miserable? "

Apparently the boys going to them are....

Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
Can real relationship happen with a woman you meet at a bar and sleep with one night? I've heard that can turn into the real deal.
Yes. I am not neccessarily advocating pursuing an immediate tryst. Talk to the woman and get the digits or fb information. If she goes further and pushes for something that night then act on it. Otherwise stay in contact with her and see what happens from there.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Here we go again!!! Another piteous, self-indulgent lament by the OP about how his life will be so miserable because he has to grow up. Your act is getting really old. There are at least two other threads where you whined about impending adulthood just like this one, and posters gave you good advice, which you promptly made excuses for why you couldn't follow any of it. Did you ride your bike into town to find a job yet?

It's time to grow up, Peter Pan, so get to it.
SORRY, I had a major depression episode! I didn't even feel that way until after the first paragraph. It started about halfway through the second paragraph.

And growing up is not supposed to be miserable. Watch American Pie movies, the movie Accepted (not an American Pie movie).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships