Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Cheat? Absolutely not.
Nobody said anything about cheating..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 08:42 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
I would have thought the whole ongoing sex thing would have implied some degree of exclusivity but I guess I'm old fashioned.
I agree with this. Why not just tell the guy to take a hike and then start dating someone else? You can't find other things to do to fill your day? Just seems pretty selfish to me.

This is why dating sucks, seems like most people see no problem with dating 4-5 people at the same time. I'd think it would get tiring! Ignorance is bliss for me I suppose, I'd end things if I found out she was dating other guys after we have been intimate.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I've been in this dating game long enough to not fall for anyone too fast anymore. One thing I don't usually do is see someone else if I'm already sleeping with someone. In the past, I just don't usually come across two guys at once that I wanted to date. And I thought I would feel guilty about it. Well, I've been seeing someone for about three weeks and we actually connect pretty well. Granted there are some small quirks that could be better but definitely not deal breakers... not yet anyway. They are sex related though and I've told him what I liked in bed (and they're not weird fetishes or anything.. just normal stuff that women like, like foreplay), and he does them a little bit sometimes, but reluctantly or not that into it. So I still like him, but I don't know how much longer until his reluctance to pleasure me is going to turn me off. And I've brought it up almost every time we're together, but he doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

Well, I think there's someone else I may be interested in that I have not yet dated. I've learned to keep your options open but if it's going well with the first guy, I don't want this to mess it up. I'm not trying to be a player or anything, I just don't fall for anyone that easily anymore.

Women, what would you do?
I really don't see how it's "going well" with the first guy. He sounds selfish. A good man wants to please a woman in bed, not act like a little boy being forced to eat Brussels sprouts or he won't get dessert. I would get rid of him. It's better to be alone than be with a self-absorbed brat. I speak from experience, having dated someone who acted like that. It's only going to get worse.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:11 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
I would have thought the whole ongoing sex thing would have implied some degree of exclusivity but I guess I'm old fashioned.
i agree. but from the OP it sounds like she is not sure if she wanted to break it off with him and pursue someone else, or if she was looking to continue seeing the first guy while possibly also meeting someone else.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
if i'm not happy, i end things and find someone new

Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i agree. but from the OP it sounds like she is not sure if she wanted to break it off with him and pursue someone else, or if she was looking to continue seeing the first guy while possibly also meeting someone else.
She needs to decide to break it off with him first, then proceed with someone else. If she's not ready to break it off (I can't imagine why she wouldn't be; who wants to stick around for bad sex, willfully bad sex!), she should have some scruples and not get involved with someone else. Or at least, not get physically or emotionally involved.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:52 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i just reread the post title. yeah, it sounds like she is thinking to date someone else while still seeing the first guy. i wouldn't do that.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I really don't see how it's "going well" with the first guy. He sounds selfish. A good man wants to please a woman in bed, not act like a little boy being forced to eat Brussels sprouts or he won't get dessert. I would get rid of him. It's better to be alone than be with a self-absorbed brat. I speak from experience, having dated someone who acted like that. It's only going to get worse.
I agree but I do find it ironic that women on here think im a pervert because I do the exact same thing to women who don't meet my sexual standards. They say they need security and yada yada and make it sound negative when I say I will kick a woman to the curve if the sex sucks.

There is a huge double standard.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:36 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
For a while I was dating guys where the sex was great, but their personality sucked. It's the reverse this time, I like the personality but not too crazy about the sex. Since I'm not too used to this, I'm hoping that will change when he likes me more.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:51 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
For a while I was dating guys where the sex was great, but their personality sucked. It's the reverse this time, I like the personality but not too crazy about the sex. Since I'm not too used to this, I'm hoping that will change when he likes me more.
You sound like you have no clue what you want. That's going to doom any relationship.

Not trying to offend just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships