Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times

Advertisements

It's not very important. But after seven years with someone who would only do slow-dances at weddings, the ability to cut a rug would be refreshing. He doesn't even have to be all that graceful. Just willing to get up and move. Major points if he was into swing and wanted to help me dust off my skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It's not very important. But after seven years with someone who would only do slow-dances at weddings, the ability to cut a rug would be refreshing. He doesn't even have to be all that graceful. Just willing to get up and move. Major points if he was into swing and wanted to help me dust off my skills.
You know, I so get this, it's not so much that this be something I or many other women look for as a valid trait a potential partner has, it's just a nice bonus for the most part because a lot of women love to not sit on the side lines when at a function when there is dancing regardless of age.

I was at a birthday party about a month ago, there was a song that came that many women were tapping their feet to and several of us got up to dance. I spotted a woman across the room, she had to be in her 70's or so, just looking so much like she wished she was on the floor, I waved to her to come join us. She was so happy and ever grateful and went on to talk about how much she wanted and hoped her hubby wound have then or ever asked her to dance when they go to functions. She said how much she loves dancing and he never does it and that it would bring her so much joy if he would oblige her sometimes.

It's not about how great a dancer, just that the guy would engage in the activity with us. Just like there was a guy hitting me up for conversation, I might have seen him in a different light had he joined in as well, just because he went that extra step. Almost all the men never got up to dance the entire time of the party.

But, not, liking and knowing how to dance well isn't a prerequisite for me or many others I know, it's just nice if someone makes the effort if we're out somewhere that dancing is taking place.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 811 times
It depends on the lady and her interest in dancing. Some love it and some don't. Some go nuts over a man who dances well regardless of age difference. I have been ballroom dancing for over fifty years, many years as a professional dancer and dance/styling/rhythm teacher. It does create problems sometimes though if you dance too well at a bar or such, especially if it is with a lady that knows no dance steps and as a couple it appears as if we are dancing on air. Then the mob mess begins!! Apparently it is very important to some ladies if you can dance well. Others could care less. Be fair warned though, if you dance too well be prepared to be stalked. BTW the local police dispatcher knows my phone number and when I call they don't ask what the problem is or what my name is. They simply say we will be there asap to remove the lady, sometimes the dispatcher will ask if it is more than one this time.

Take some dance lessons from a dance teacher who seems to gather a large following when dancing in public as he is dancing purely from his heart and soul. You will know if the dance is heart felt because the lady will likely have her eyes closed as if she is in dreamland or in a trans. After the dance is over she will blankly stand there a few seconds with her mouth hanging open. That is the man you need to instruct you if you wish to learn to dance well. He will get it from your ears to your feet and body, to your heart and soul in no time.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:20 PM

92 posts, read 101,728 times
Dancing out on the town is one of the best date nights for me so I enjoy a man who likes to dance; he doesn't have to be the best dancer for me to have a good time with him.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 AM

732 posts, read 1,045,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Low. As DH says the only people who dance worse than white chicks is white guys.
Who says white guys can't dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

Old 05-13-2014, 10:43 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Who says white guys can't dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4
wtf?

Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Well I've been putting this off for 4 or 5 months now.... but I'm going to have to go dancing this Saturday. Some Cuban Salsa and Merengue convention. I am getting some free drinks beforehand, but man this is going to be a disaster.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:47 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Not as important as the ability to capitalize random parts of your sentences to give EMPHASIS for great EFFECT.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
My SO is a terrible dancer, as am I, and it's yet to make a difference in our relationship. The only place we ever go where there is dancing is weddings, and let's face it, most people at weddings are terrible dancers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships