Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:03 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

Reading through another website on depression and I found lots of letters from guys that sound a lot like this:

Quote:
I don't have a girlfriend. I'm so lonely I want to die. Girls are just not attracted to me. No matter how hard I try to make conversation with them they just shine me on and go to the better-looking guys in the crowd. I've all but given up. Won't some nice pretty girl out there see beyond my physical imperfections and look inwardly to my kind, compassionate spirit that just aches to love a girl with all my heart. My contact is ##########.
Girls, what's your initial reaction to a plea such as this? Sympathy? Disgust? Empathy? Anger? Does the Mother instinct kick in and you just want to save this kind of a guy, especially if his photo looks somewhat appealing to you, or do you just immediately brand him a loser who deserves no pity for being such a crybaby?

So many girls here have said that they had horrible experiences trying dating services; that the guys were nightmares. Might this have anything to do with how you react when you read such a letter here and elsewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
The guys that make these kind of posts are obviously acting like that in real life. If women responded favorably towards weak behavior these guys wouldn't be forever alone.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:15 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The guys that make these kind of posts are obviously acting like that in real life. If women responded favorably towards weak behavior these guys wouldn't be forever alone.
But that's the question: would a pretty girl tend to respond favorably to this approach? I'm guessing no because if it worked every guy "5" and below would be using it.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:24 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
But that's the question: would a pretty girl tend to respond favorably to this approach? I'm guessing no because if it worked every guy "5" and below would be using it.
I consider myself better looking than a 5 and even when I'm sad or upset I have 0 chance with women. Most women just don't want to deal with that crap.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 AM

542 posts, read 691,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Reading through another website on depression and I found lots of letters from guys that sound a lot like this: [see second quote]

Girls, what's your initial reaction to a plea such as this? Sympathy? Disgust? Empathy? Anger? Does the Mother instinct kick in and you just want to save this kind of a guy, especially if his photo looks somewhat appealing to you, or do you just immediately brand him a loser who deserves no pity for being such a crybaby?

So many girls here have said that they had horrible experiences trying dating services; that the guys were nightmares. Might this have anything to do with how you react when you read such a letter here and elsewhere?
Quote:
I don't have a girlfriend. I'm so lonely I want to die. Girls are just not attracted to me. No matter how hard I try to make conversation with them they just shine me on and go to the better-looking guys in the crowd. [So this guy is not considered to be good-looking?] I've all but given up. Won't some nice pretty girl out there see beyond my physical imperfections and look inwardly to my kind, compassionate spirit that just aches to love a girl with all my heart. [But he only wants a good-looking girl.]
This guy seems to be asking women to make exceptions that he won't make, so I don't react with sympathy or pity. I don't understand how people can claim to want to die of loneliness just because they're single - do they not have any family, or friends, or acquaintances of any sort?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:03 AM

52 posts, read 58,173 times
Sexually women are turned on by healthy self esteem, confidence, assertiveness etc. So Sexually they definitely aren't turned on by that "depression I'm so lonely" type of behavior....Will they want to befriend and help you out??? Maybe, I think some girls would.

I think most non-entitled princessy girls probably would feel sympathetic for them.....Women are EXACTLY like Men in that some are complete douchebags....some are in the middle....and some are chill and very friendly....

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-01-2014 at 08:09 AM..

Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Won't some nice pretty girl out there see beyond my physical imperfections
Poor spelling aside, the irony in that sentence sums up their attitude perfectly.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:32 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Won't some nice pretty girl out there see beyond my physical imperfections
Physical attraction is important. Deal with it.

I'm a guy (obviously) and that post is beyond pathetic. I can't imagine anyone being interested in going out with him.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:48 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
That someone might think that the "i want to kill myself" banter will attract women just shows how desperately clueless some people on this forum are.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:14 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Before, I felt sorry for them.

Now they just annoy me. Being single is not that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships