Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Kinda wondering what would initially make a man appealing to a woman when he has a big tat of another womans name on his neck.... that's the part that is confusing me.......
She was looking lower down.

As for the thread topic -- I am having trouble imagining myself in that situation. Dating someone who would get a name tattoo? And not get rid of it somehow before going 'back on the market'? And wanting me to marry him while he has that tattoo? I just can't picture it.

I've got no problem with ex's. My hubby was best friends with his ex, and had lunch with her every day. But he did not have a label marking him as her property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 11:40 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
She was looking lower down.

As for the thread topic -- I am having trouble imagining myself in that situation. Dating someone who would get a name tattoo? And not get rid of it somehow before going 'back on the market'? And wanting me to marry him while he has that tattoo? I just can't picture it.

I've got no problem with ex's. My hubby was best friends with his ex, and had lunch with her every day. But he did not have a label marking him as her property.
Her "looking down" was a lame ass answer

It's about the same as a man looking a woman's chest...and acting stupid for it.......

Old 05-02-2014, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
He will have to pay for his own stupidity...
I like this comment

Old 10-22-2016, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 858 times
For anyone and everyone who says "let it go" "look past it" that is easier said than done. I'm in a similar situation in which my bf has a tat that he got for his ex and they have a kid together. He doesn't want to get it removed because he says he got it for the both of them, in which my response was to get it covered up with something for his daughter and ONLY his daughter, but he still refuses to do that. He says he hates his ex, but seeing how he can't get rid of that tattoo it makes me think otherwise. Why would you keep something that represents someone you hate or that doesn't matter to you anymore? The problem is far deeper than just a tattoo, and that is why we, in this situation, have a hard time just "letting it go."

Old 10-22-2016, 10:10 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
This problem is easily solved by just never dating anyone skeevy enough to have a neck tattoo.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:17 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,440,098 times
Kind of good advertising to let other women know that the guy does not make very good decisions!

Old 10-22-2016, 10:41 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This problem is easily solved by just never dating anyone skeevy enough to have a neck tattoo.
Regardless of location, would you really want an ex's name tattoed anywhere on your partner? I wouldn't.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:43 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Regardless of location, would you really want an ex's name tattoed anywhere on your partner? I wouldn't.
I'm not really into tatted people.
Though symbols can be ok, putting someone's name (gf/bf) is a near universal sign of poor judgment. So moot point...wouldn't date them anyway.

Post 56 says it all.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:36 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This came up in conversation with one of my sons recently.

He has a good friend who has a very large tattoo of his wife's name - "Colleen" - on his neck.

He is now divorcing and lacks the funds to have the tat removed, plus he really likes it.

I'm just wondering how his next SO is going to feel about having to live with that tattoo.

Then I read this letter to Dear Abby and it seems to confirm that this could be an issue for a lot of people.

DEAR ABBY: My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years. We live together, and his child from another woman lives with us. I love my boyfriend and his child, but one thing prevents me from imagining us being married: He has his child's mother's name tattooed on his body.

The tattoo bothers me for many reasons, and I'd like him to have it covered up if we ever do marry. He says he doesn't want to get rid of it. When the topic comes up, we argue.

Am I unreasonable for wanting him to get rid of the tattoo? If that woman really is in his past, why does he need a constant reminder of her on his body? -- IN A STINK OVER INK

How would YOU handle a situation like this?
What next SO?

Old 10-23-2016, 10:03 AM

1,265 posts, read 971,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
eh, no big deal to me, it isn't like he can change who the Mother of his child is and asking/telling him to remove it is like telling him to erase his past in my opinion.
When you accept someone you accept them and whatever comes with them if you truly want a long term relationship.
I concur. Tatoos tell stories. Life stories. You saw the neck tatoo at the very beginning,yet you still went on dating him....live with it. Remember the golden rule, it's impossible to insanely hard to change someone, you take them as they are or don't take them at all!
I'm more upset that the one idiot covered up a tattoo he didn't want to cover up and still did not end up with that women that wanted it covered up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships