Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times

Advertisements

Condemn a man for marrying a young woman, but its Ok for Hollywood celebrities? Sounds like a double standard to me. Plus, if he's an ex, why does the OP care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 713 times
You were too young for him, and so is she, even moreso. Find someone in your city who is age appropriate (your age or within two years or so, but no more than four) and read up on the stories of may-december relationships that didn't work. These stories will console you and open your eyes. Consider obtaining psychological guidance regarding your relationship with your father and "daddy issues."

Old 06-21-2015, 11:28 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian wilson View Post
You were too young for him, and so is she, even moreso. Find someone in your city who is age appropriate (your age or within two years or so, but no more than four) and read up on the stories of may-december relationships that didn't work. These stories will console you and open your eyes. Consider obtaining psychological guidance regarding your relationship with your father and "daddy issues."
Zombie thread ....consider guidance to read the last posting date.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:42 AM

7 posts, read 8,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Good for him, he was able to upgrade and live happily ever after. You should get rid of envy, jealousy and live your own life. All men want younger women, just that some are affraid to realize or voice it. Or they are such beta provider type fruitpops, they dont think they can do any better. Your ex has game, if i saw him, id shake his hand.
It's true, it's the most natural thing for a man to want to get with a younger woman. As for being afraid to say it, I never understood that. Who cares what older women think about that? If you're not dating them, it doesn't matter.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 AM

92 posts, read 70,064 times
Stay off your ex's social media pages and out of his life.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:12 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitascreed View Post
It's true, it's the most natural thing for a man to want to get with a younger woman. As for being afraid to say it, I never understood that. Who cares what older women think about that? If you're not dating them, it doesn't matter.
This just in..."new" poster (whose forum participation thus far only occurs in threads that use the terms "manosphere" and the like, and use "feminist" as a putdown) resurrects years-old thread for the purpose of bashing women.

Can treatises on "hypergamy," etc. Be far behind?

Old 03-22-2016, 11:20 AM

854 posts, read 585,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This just in..."new" poster (whose forum participation thus far only occurs in threads that use the terms "manosphere" and the like, and use "feminist" as a putdown) resurrects years-old thread for the purpose of bashing women.

Can treatises on "hypergamy," etc. Be far behind?

Yeah, we have an invasion. It's like a stampede of middle-aged single men with no prospects talking down to women and engaging in wishful thinking. Equal parts funny and sad.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:26 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Necromancy aside, at 49, I can honestly say that I'd PREFER some of these old jerks go chase younger women, instead of looking to women like me to be their nurse, purse, and maid. Go! Shoo! I don't have time for your aches and pains and whining about my not wanting to cook. I'm busy in the cabana.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:29 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Aww, honey, I'm sorry. That's got to sting.

Look, I have no evidence for this but it's a possibility: he dated you; you were already more than a decade younger than he was. Then he made up some stupid fake excuse to create arguments and ultimately split the two of you up and went even younger. Though the younger thing could be a coincidence, OTOH, maybe he really is just that insecure and needed a very, very young woman compared to his own age. In which case, well...he's cheating himself.

It's okay. People break up for all kinds of reasons and if this guy really does require the fountain of youth on his arm just to face himself in the morning then you'd ultimately be dumped anyway and let's be honest, so will this woman, ultimately, because she'll age too. You may have dodged a bullet. Try to see things in perspective...it wasn't meant to be no matter what his actual motivation was. Hang in there...someone better is around the corner.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:36 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Yeah, we have an invasion. It's like a stampede of middle-aged single men with no prospects talking down to women and engaging in wishful thinking. Equal parts funny and sad.

Gotta speak for the middle aged men. I really think a lot of these guys are younger, but are buying into some sort of martini swilling 1950s or 60s vision of what it means to be a "man of substance". They're buying this fantasy because young women don't like them now, but will later when they have a few bucks and a few things figured out, at which point the young women will be old women and not their concern.

And also, it's really offensive crap to some of the men here, (EDIT to ADD) it being the idea that some twit speaks for the rest of us, and to the extent that most men and women like young, attractive bodies, there's no need to beat people over the head with that. I'd like to look like I did at 21, when I looked pretty damned good but thought otherwise, but that's another story. Anyway, this is an invasion of small minded and mean spirited topics that do no one any good.

Last edited by homina12; 03-22-2016 at 12:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships