Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 02:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times

Advertisements

You split both an app and an entre, then he got mad because of what?

he paid half, half of 28 is 14...Unless you split the most expensive app, the total for each person shouldn't have been more than 20 bucks, not including any drinks. Even if the app was like 15 bucks or something, that's still not that expensive.

This was a first date, so if I was asking you for an opinion on where to go for dinner, put a price-range on the meal? I wouldn't take someone to dinner on a first date anyway.

I think the date was set up to fail when he wanted to get a meal somewhere.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? Did you go to college? It's quite common in college.
Guys feeling entitled to sex might be seen in college but what is seen from college and on is women feeling entitled to be paid for. Yes. It is quite common.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Guys feeling entitled to sex might be seen in college but what is seen from college and on is women feeling entitled to be paid for. Yes. It is quite common.
Give it up already. Jesus Christ.

NO ONE CARES.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:18 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Really? Did you go to college? It's quite common in college.

You know what? I hate comments like this.
What do you mean did I go to college? Ofcourse I did. But should I go out with the expectation that every guy should expect sex on the first date?

That would be a terrible expectation. That would be thinking that all men are dogs. And I know they aren't.
Most guys wait, at least the ones I've been with until the 3rd date to start hinting at sex.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You split both an app and an entre, then he got mad because of what?

he paid half, half of 28 is 14...Unless you split the most expensive app, the total for each person shouldn't have been more than 20 bucks, not including any drinks. Even if the app was like 15 bucks or something, that's still not that expensive.

This was a first date, so if I was asking you for an opinion on where to go for dinner, put a price-range on the meal? I wouldn't take someone to dinner on a first date anyway.

I think the date was set up to fail when he wanted to get a meal somewhere.
The thing about it was that his motive for choosing dinner for the first date was that he wanted sex thrown in, in the bargain. Otherwise he'd have suggested meeting for drinks. He wasn't really buying dinner, to his way of thinking, he was buying sex on an out-of-town trip. So he thought.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
You know what? I hate comments like this.
What do you mean did I go to college? Ofcourse I did. But should I go out with the expectation that every guy should expect sex on the first date?

That would be a terrible expectation. That would be thinking that all men are dogs. And I know they aren't.
Most guys wait, at least the ones I've been with until the 3rd date to start hinting at sex.
No, you shouldn't expect that. That wasn't the point. You said you were floored a guy would expect sex on the first date. You sounded like you'd never experienced that before. Some of us are trying to figure out why you were so taken by surprise by this. Sure that kind of thing is unpleasant, but it shouldn't come as a total shock.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:31 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
No, you shouldn't expect that. That wasn't the point. You said you were floored a guy would expect sex on the first date. You sounded like you'd never experienced that before. Some of us are trying to figure out why you were so taken by surprise by this. Sure that kind of thing is unpleasant, but it shouldn't come as a total shock.
Unless you're younger and haven't run across guys who do this. The OP may or may not be slightly sheltered and it seems by her comments, that she has the expectation that the guy will be a gentleman. Nothing wrong with that...you start out with a positive notion. Reality can then skew that perception but not always...

Old 05-02-2014, 03:32 PM

73 posts, read 87,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Give it up already. Jesus Christ.

NO ONE CARES.
Of course you don't, you don't have to pay.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
What a bunch of lies and bull****. Your misogyny is becoming unbearable.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Unless you're younger and haven't run across guys who do this. The OP may or may not be slightly sheltered and it seems by her comments, that she has the expectation that the guy will be a gentleman. Nothing wrong with that...you start out with a positive notion. Reality can then skew that perception but not always...
Right. Well, that's what I was trying to determine by asking her if she'd gone to college. Sure you start out thinking positively, but when things turn out badly, you just write it off, you don't go into shock. The problem is that these days, everyone can text everyone else, so she had to put up with a weird harangue two days after the event. I wonder if he'd had the guts to spew all that if the phone were the only option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships